• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Trading in video games to make way for newer video games seems common practice for some. While I've seen plenty of people who maintain large game collections, I've seen a fair number of people who maintain smaller rotating collections of physical games. I've never been a fan of the paltry sums that places like Gamestop are willing to offer, but I know some people use it to shave dollars off a new game purchase.

Personally, I have only ever traded in my PS4 copy of Death Stranding. It was game I felt so bored and pessimistic about that I eventually traded it in for credit that I used to purchase Ghost of Tsushima (a much better game).

Do you guys trade games in? If so, is it an occasional thing or something you do frequently?

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Absolutely not. No. Never. Well I mean sure, for boring children's educational games or whatever. But actual games, not a chance. When I was younger my dad would trade in games when he got bored or frustrated with them, and then years later have to track them down again. He also traded in the Metroid Prime Trilogy, which I adored because we used to play it together when I was little. Now I really want to try and play it, but I haven't been able to find a cheap copy of any of the three games. I say that it's good to hold onto stuff, even if you don't think you'll ever play it it's good to own and you never know if you'll get bored one day and decide to pick it up. Not to mention that I get way too attached to video games, if anything ever happened to my copy of OoT I would be shattered.

I sell them if they're higher value and I have mo interest in replaying. I'm going to sell Skyward sword soon when they announced a wind water hd port.

I cant afford these games 60 bucks a pop. Especially ones that aren't worth 60 which is most nintendo game these days.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I have a big a collection but I'm not always in love with every game I buy. Despite popular belief, Gamestop does have amazing trade in deals and I take advantage of them whenever I feel there's enough filler in my collection or games I know will have superior editions out soon that I'd rather get. I'm much more selective about what I trade these days, so I haven't regretted any of it in a long time either. Besides, I often get things for free by taking advantage of their various promotions or just squeeze extra cash out of them in general.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
I have never traded in any games, I've thought about trading in my PS2 games since my PS2 is basically unusable and I have a lot of the games from my PS2 on other Playstation consoles but I have this weird fear that I may need them later for something (when I know that isn't the case at all.) Also I know PS2 games don't really trade in well or sell well so I don't want to waste my gas/energy going somewhere for it to be a waste. I'd never be able to sell Nintendo games though...

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I never trade in or sell my games, I love to just keep growing my collection. I am starting to get a little concerned about what happens when I have to move - but I'll make it work one way or another. I don't like the idea of selling away a piece of my childhood especially but also with any games you just generally don't get a very good deal selling your games at places like EB Games. The number of new games I purchase is also relatively low so I can easily afford to purchase any new games I want without having to worry about selling some of my older ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom