• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you think we will ever see a Zelda Maker?

Since the original Zelda concept was dungeon creation, it could be done. I think it'd be hard for the average player to have a good level of originality and not give into temptation to overdo things.

Like, with Mario Maker there's some levels that people focused less on gameplay and more on jam-packing the level with as many things as possible. And given the nature of side-scrolling Mario, that still works. But dungeons jam-packed with enemies and things for the sake of them being there rather than considering puzzles and overall design? 'Might not work so well.

Do you think we will ever see a Zelda Maker game released by Nintendo? For like creating N64 levels. Or would it be too complicated to implement/too hard to create the levels?
I think that a 3d maker would be to complicated but a 2d zelda maker but the problem is zelda,unlike mario, is not split into lots of different levels it is all just 1 huge level mking it very hard and time consuming to make.

Do you think we will ever see a Zelda Maker game released by Nintendo? For like creating N64 levels. Or would it be too complicated to implement/too hard to create the levels?
Another option though would be the ability to make mini dungeons which would not take much time and effort to make

Monja Elisa

Hyrulean Princess
Im not really a fan of this idea to be honest.... but if to say, the choice is between that.... and never getting more zeldagames.... then I rather this came to reality... because in this way it would mean the fans is keeping the franchise and game series alive....
But by observations, there havent been any proper mario releases since mario maker was released til now.... with the exception of the new color splash game..... so if releasing this game means the end of mainstream zelda..... Ill say no.
I cant really see them pulling it off tho... cause zelda is one of those games, where it is nessecary to explore and get quests by people and objects.... such a game would be temple by temple entirely.

Miyamoto said not anytime soon. As people have said it's too much of a commitment to make hour long dungeons and making it user friendly would be even harder. If you step back and think about all the little things in Zelda dungeons you realize making that easy to understand would be extremely hard.

That being said, it's not an impossibility but don't get your hopes up.

I always imagined something like the Starcraft custom map makers. I know it's different because of the point of view, but they still have a lot of free roam to make whatever you want, with any logic. It could be a puzzle, events that trigger other events, or simple stuff, and there are people really good at making them.
I guess with that in mind, it doesn't have to be done in the console itself, but on your computer and then upload it to the repository of dungeons or what not.

A Zelda Maker sounds like it would be too complex. I'm not sure how the puzzles or styles would be implemented. Unless it focuses on just the 2d games, I do not see how this concept would be put into effect.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
If they had a level editor, it would be a mode in Breath of the Wild or something. With Breath of the Wild's insane physics engine and visually consistent shiekah shrines, this would be the game to do it in. But I still find this unlikely. Much of the appeal of a Zelda dungeon come from well-designed unprecedented ideas, and I don't think there's much replay value in an editor that just let's you switch the keys and minibosses around. I feel like a platforming game like Mario garners more variety from sheer placement of objects than Zelda does.

I don't think that it would happen by Nintendo. There may be a good program like Super Mario Bros. X that comes out by a fan, but even then I'm not so sure. It would certainly be very interesting with new puzzles, but creating good dungeons is so difficult because of how complex they are. Another problem is that having the same boss monsters over and over again would get very boring, and even a fangame could only have so many bosses pre-programmed in one game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom