• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Do You Think This is Forshadowing

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
in skyward sword at the begining opening scene it says something about hylia and how she put skyloft in the sky.

does this mean that we might see a game that you can play as hylia

of course not... that's just absurd and ridiculous... In Zelda you only play as Link, bar the cd-i game of wand of gamelon.

Night Owl

~Momentai
It may be plausible, but I think it would be more likely that we would play as the previous hero chosen by the Goddess.

Of course, Nintendo has been known to keep Zelda games from relating to each other that closely (Wind Waker, Phantom hourglass and Spirit tracks are exceptions of course).

Edit: My 100th Post :)

Last edited:
But this Link was the ONLY hero chosen by the goddess... the only fighting done before Link was done by Hylia herself.

Night Owl

~Momentai
At the end of the wing ceremony Zelda says that the sailcloth was first given by the Goddess to her chosen hero.

She then tells you not to worry as It is not the same cloth, and that she worked hard to make it for you.

But this Link was the ONLY hero chosen by the goddess... the only fighting done before Link was done by Hylia herself.

Maybe Hylia handed over her duties to Link and Zelda? If you're asking do the events foreshadow a possible prequel to Skyward Sword [featuring Hylia], I highly doubt it.

If I remember right, at the end of the ceremony doesn't Zelda say "supposedly"?

Night Owl

~Momentai
She may have, I don't remember the exact words. But for it to be handed down in tradition there must be some truth behind it.
Later in the game she essentially tells us that the legends are truer than she had thought.

Last edited:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Oh please not! Let' see, with SS we have a prequel to OoT which is a prequel to at least aLttP which is a prequel to LoZ (I'm not counting AoL and TP/SS here because they were released after their respective "prequels", or TMC which we don't know much about for sure). To put it in the words of AVGN: What's next, Adam and Eve Zelda? Micro Zelda?
Nah seriously, I definitely don't want another prequel, because that would open up space for yet another prequel after that because all Zelda games, including SS, raise more questions than they answer. So at some point I think we must accept that not everything is explained.
I'd rather like to see a game again which has not many connections to other games, like Majora's Mask or Link's Awakening, without having the same aLttP-style game progression as in OoT/WW/TP/SS. Maybe it could take place in a different world or region again.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
in skyward sword at the begining opening scene it says something about hylia and how she put skyloft in the sky.

does this mean that we might see a game that you can play as hylia

Absolutely not. They will not even give zelda her own game so why on earth would they give one to someone who is not a long running cast member.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I think this is simply just a bit of ironic pre-knowledge placed in there by Nintendo. Zelda is Hylia, and she is giving the sailcloth to Link, who is her chosen hero.

First playthough, it means nothing. However once you've played it through and go for it again you're supposed to see that part and think "Hehe, if only she knew" :P

The only problem I have with that, is that the Ceremony with the giving of a sailcloth would be a tradition started because of zelda giving it to Link in the future who did it because it is a tradition.

Of course it would be like the song of storms paradox then.

Last edited:

Night Owl

~Momentai
Or a simpler explanation... Hylia began the tradition herself (or at least implanted it in someone's mind) so that she could ensure the chosen hero would get the sailcloth.
She manipulated the events of the game from 'the edge of time' so much so that she knew Link would do everything he did to save Zelda. I think she could manage to get a sailcloth in the right hands too.

I think the best explanation is Nintendo had to make sure that the series really has no beginning or end so that they can make another prequel. Though I think it's hard to create games with a time travel mechanism that doesn't create paradoxes.

i am saying that you can be link and hylia.mabe like a co op play

Are you thinking of something along the lines of spirit tracks? or maybe Phantom Hourglass controling the Goron?
or the quest in Sakon's hide out with kafei in majora's mask? or are you thinking about something where you control one person for a bit then the story causes a shift? or a two player co-op?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom