• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Do you think there will be DLC?

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I just had a thought today and I am wondering since the devs of the Warriors series love DLC, if AoC will have it as well. Maybe adding in characters from the last HW game.

I have not played the demo or seen the leaked roster so lets keep this thread as spoiler free as possible for people waiting till it comes out.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Considering the Lucky Ladle is listed as "may be paid DLC at a later date" I am 100% certain we will see. It'll be remarkably easy to add DLC to this game, all it would take is adding new points on the map screen. Judging by how much I loved the demo, I'd bet I'll end up shelling out for DLC for this game.

Robbie fan club
Absolutely, I can easily see them doing DLC in the same way they did Hyrule Warriors, with more characters, costumes, possibly non-canon stages.

I'd love to see a sort of "what if" scenario as DLC. Something like "what if a different character became a champion?", as a way of introducing other characters + missions, but it's more wishful thinking

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Gonna bump this thread cuz it's a good place to talk about what we would want from AoC DLC. I have a wishlist of things I want to see.

1. Linkle. I want her to get in so badly and I wanna see her in Champion blues. She was my favorite character to play in the first HW and I just adore her. I'd love to see her in AoC somehow. Also it would fit because Link's HW tunic, the one with that sweet blue scarf, is the reward for 100% completion. They already have a connection to the first HW that way.

2. The Master Cycle Zero. I'll take it either as a fourth weapon type for Link or a Divine Beast stage. The game already made plenty of references to the Champions Ballad so it would make sense to see it. Plus Monk Maz Koshia is an optional playable character, so the fact that the cycle isn't already in the base game is really surprising to me.

3. I wanna see a DLC storyline on Link's family. They had the perfect opportunity to introduce them here and they didn't and I'm really bummed about that. His dad is a royal guard captain, for crying out loud!

4. Robbie and Purah would almost certainly be DLC characters. They already have models for a presence on the map and they do have a basis for movesets. Purah carries a blue flame and Robbie has that ancient tech backpack thingy. They could totally do it and I'd love it. Also I get the feeling we're gonna see Kilton in DLC because there are sidequests that talk about Fang and Bone.

5. I wanna see DLC storylines focusing on the origins of some villains, too. Sooga is implied to still be alive even though he doesn't appear after Astor betrays the Yiga. He shows up in the true ending credits. (but then so do the future champions and they already went home.) I'd like to learn more about him, and he seems like he'd be a more fun playable character than Kohga. I also want Astor's backstory really badly because his character profile says he's from a "certain small town in Hyrule". WHICH TOWN? YOU CAN'T JUST SAY THAT AND NOT ELABORATE!!!

6. I want alt outfits!!!! It's not fair that only Link, Zelda, and the Champions can change their outfits! I love alt color schemes. C'mon Koei.

So yeah there's a lot I'd love to see out of DLC. There's a lot they could do, and they'd only need to add new points on the map to do it. That'd be really easy. I'd totally shell out for all that stuff.

Also I get the feeling we're gonna see Kilton in DLC because there are sidequests that talk about Fang and Bone.

One of the quests even mention Kilton fighting. He's so gonna be a dlc character.

I predict there will be 6 dlc characters, bringing the total up to 24, thus keeping with the 4 per row on the select screen. They will be Kilton, Purah, Robbie, Sooga, Astor, and...... not sure on the 6th, how about the ancient dragons lol (Farosh etc), combining together like the fairies do

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
DLC would be an obvious inclusion. I’d love some DLC, and would probably pick it up regardless of how big or small it is. I could see a sort of “Master Trials” of encounters as a possibility.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I had a couple more ideas for DLC. I think it'd be cool to see some new maps to go with characters and stuff. They hit a lot of the places in Hyrule already, but some other places I'd like to see would be:
  • lake floria + aris beach
  • gerudo highlands
  • hebra mountain
  • tumlea heights + skull lake
I wanna say I'd like to see a lomei labyrinth as a map, too, but I think that'd be extraordinarily difficult to pull off as a Warriors map without a lot of changes. They're too big and complex to just be a section of a different map, and their complexity would be really hard to work as a battlefield period. The idea of it would be cool, though.

I also would love to see DLC outfits for BotW 2's designs of Link and Zelda. I'd eat that up so fast you have no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom