• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think There Will Be a Weather System?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I'm pretty sure there will be a Day/Night system of course because, Oot, MM, WW, and TP had it so why not for Skyward Sword? But my main question is do you think there will be a weather system? Such as rain, wind, thunderstorms, cloudy days, sunny and hot days, or will there be only a Day/Night system? Tell me what you think.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I definitely think that there will be! It's one of those things that have made itself into Zelda, and taking it out will just be--I don't want to say this, but--stupid.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Legend of Zelda is not a Harvest Moon game >_>

Well, it's not likely that Nintendo will add planting crops and stuff, but having temperature differences in one area and then a different temperature in another, would be a good idea (Snowpeak Mountains, Lake Hylia). I honestly don't see Legend of Zelda and Harvest Moon combining... >_>

Beeker

Wild Card
While I don't expect different weather every in day game or temperature,I would like to see the weather system improved a bit. Y'know, see a bit more rain, snow and perhaps more wind. It could depend on the location too(think of how Snowpeak was in TP: Compared to Hyrule Field, it was extremely foggy and snowy)

Kybyrian

I doubt that they will add anything that will affect most of the game too much. I personally don't see a day/night system being used to where it really affects the game, either. We've always seen day-night transition, but only Majora's Mask really made any sort of use to it. I don't think much will be done with aside from the usual with Skyward Sword.
I don't believe they will do much with a weather system, either. Perhaps it could be rainy sometimes or in some places because we have seen that before. I do not think, however, that it will make any sort of difference in the playing of the game or anything like that. By this I mean weather transition. Suddenly it's sunny outside, and the next day it is raining and something is affected by it. I'm sure we'll see some changes in the environment of places as far as the weather is concerned, but nothing that we haven't seen before. It doesn't really seem like a good idea to me, either.

I do, actually. In an interview Au-whathisface said that the state of the clouds would be an important factor in that game. I'm not sure what this means though. Maybe if there is trouble in Skyloft it will start to get stormy?Clouds are obviously part of the weather so i think this may already be confirmed.

KrazyKyuubi

OH SNAPPLE
Narnia...And sometimes Pocket Asian's box
A think a weather system would kind of be useless unless they added some threat to your game play or something. Like if it's thunder storming, you could hit by lightning. Or if it was snowing, you could freeze to death. Rain...I guess it could be acid rain? Or it could make you...melt? :?

But it wouldn't really have much use if nothing happened. Detail, sure. But I never really pay attention to detail in games I really get into playing. The ones where you're sitting in your basement playing Wii and you look at the time and you're like "Ok, it's 2:45. I play for fifteen minutes then go back to homework." And then the next time you look at the clock it's 5:36. So when I get absorbed I don't pay attention to details at all. I don't know if anyone else is like that, but that's why I wouldn't really care about a weather system.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
They did some sort of a weather system in the WW that is depends on the time but it didn't have much influence. A better system could possibly be in Zelda, I can really imagine that. Like, some side quests that you can do only in a certain weather, like spring time in MM. Side quests like helping someone clean his front yard from the snow, things like frozen lakes and ice fishing, Places that are blocked because of the snow. But they shouldn't depend only on that, or it'll become a Animal crossing game that all you do is helping people.
Kinds of creatures that you see only in a certain weathers like yeti's in the snow, other creatures in other seasons. It could be great.
They can also make this thing that NPC's wearing different cloths, sometimes big heavy coats and sometimes just short cloths.
but I think they put more focus on other stuff and we wouldn't see to much of it in SS. Another thing is that we just didn't find any clue for it in the gameplay, maybe cause it was a dungeon? We can only wait and see.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
Confirmed. Aounuma said that weather would affect the mood of the game. BAM

Yup, I was thinking that the whole time I was reading this thread :3

And I really hope that they even went as far as changing the seasons. I was a little upset in TP when I went to the fishing pond and the surroundings changed through the seasons (you know - winter, spring, summer, fall) but the rest of the game always stayed the same D:}

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
Every little bit helps. So probably not.lol. But It would be cool if they did make it rain or foggy for no reason in the main-fields.

David

But you called me here...
I would like a weather system. It would be really cool to see the weather change as you're running around. It would definitely make the series more realistic.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I would defiently want the Day/Night and the weather system.

I imagine some sort of hyrule field puzzel that involves weather, right times of day, along those lines. It's a minor detail that would go along way in my opinon. I would actually love to see the weather feture, not just for special events. Along the lines of a tempature or season system, that dosen't really matter for me very much. It would involve a lot of waiting around if you had to do somthing just for one season and then like missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom