• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think the Sheikah Will Be in Skyward Sword?

Do you think the Sheikah will be in Skyward Sword?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Who's to say it's a Sheikah Stone? That's just pure speculation, and I really don't think it has merit. Just looks like a normal switch we've seen since Ocarina of Time.

Fine, replace "shiekah stone" with "switch." Perhaps it could reverse time?

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I'm kinda leaning towards the idea that its one of the first lens of truth, I mean, in the trailer when Link hits it, the entire room becomes lush with colour which could mean that theres something hidden in the area that cannot be seen unless the switch is activated. So I'm starting to think it may be the origin of the lens of truth.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm kinda leaning towards the idea that its one of the first lens of truth, I mean, in the trailer when Link hits it, the entire room becomes lush with colour which could mean that theres something hidden in the area that cannot be seen unless the switch is activated. So I'm starting to think it may be the origin of the lens of truth.

The Lens of Truth was created by someone in Kakariko Village for those who's eyes couldn't "see the truth". And there's only one of them, and it's not a switch. Not a bad idea, but I don't think it's that plausible.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
So, there's been speculation for quite some time that the Sheikah will appear in Skyward Sword, and I have to admit, it's really been appealing to me lately (which is funny, as I used to pretty much think, "No way.") It's highly logical that some members of a tribe decided to get together and try to get the Triforce. I personally think that this will happen and that others of the tribe will try to stop them, and these people will then serve the Royal Family to make up for what some members of their tribe did. I like Axle's theory about a character named Sheik being in the game, as well, as it has untold amounts of merit. (If it comes to be, I'm gonna give Axle some serious props.) I personally don't think that he would be the leader and betray them, though, but rather what I said before. But, that's just me. So, what are you guys' thoughts? Do you think the Sheikah will be in the game? Or do you think it's a load of crap? Or are you uncertain? Please tell!

Last edited:

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
The Lens of Truth was created by someone in Kakariko Village for those who's eyes couldn't "see the truth". And there's only one of them, and it's not a switch. Not a bad idea, but I don't think it's that plausible.

What I meant was that the guy could've used the same material to make the lens of truth, 'cause to me it looks like its some type of glass or crystal.
Well I tried. :P

I expect them to be in there because zelda states several times that legens are passed down by sheikahs.
at least the ones happened before oot

skybird11

state alchemist
i was just playing through the hidden village segment of TP and i noticed some interesting statements made by the characters.

Gor Coron: "they worked in secret, so they lived in a lonely, forgotten place. But i heard the tribe dwindled in the prolonged wars."

we already know that a few years before OoT, there was a great war. i believe this war is what the elder calls the "prolonged wars" which would explain the low number of sheikah. i also believe since this war hasn't happened in SS yet, that we will see more sheikah in this game.

Impaz: "among the legends of my clan, there is a story from the time when the oocca still maintained contact with the royal family"

going with the theory that zelda, a skyloftian, creates the royal family, we may be able to assume we will see the oocca as a sky-bound race. possibly the original intent was to keep in touch with the world above.

sorry, a mod just merged my new thread with this one.

did i just double post? sorry if i did.

Last edited:
I chose the "Maybe" option. There's loads of content from many characters in the Zelda chronology who speak on the Sheikah Tribe's past exploits and contributions to Hyrule and the Royal Family. I personally think Skyward Sword presents a perfect opportunity for Nintendo to elaborate on this history. But then again I'm skeptical, as this IS Nintendo we're talking about. *sigh*

To be fair I guess they might be alluded to, at the most.

Although I throw my support behind this as well, don't jump to conclusions yet.

I'm not jumping to conclusions. I said almost. We know that the Sheikah play a part in the creation of Hyrule, so it's not a stretch to say they will be important in this game, and that is something many people have speculated on even before this new evidence.

I'm guessing that we will see the Shiekah, along with possibly "Kakariko Village" or whatever it may be called in this game with all the Shiekah living there. In OoT, it is said that the village used to be all Shiekah, but Impa opened it up to everyone. That would be pretty interesting to see.

I honestly do think we will see them. As we get more and more info about the game, it seems to be driven by not just a new control system, but a deep story. ANd the Sheikah would add much more depth to the story.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I found this on Zeldainformer.com so yeah I think that the sheikah will be in skyward sword and I believe Ghirahim will have some connection to them or even be one himself as this new sheikah eye has a diamond in the centre
Sheikah Eye Skyward Sword.jpg

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Notice: I've totally just changed my mind about the Sheik thing. I'm now more on the side of that the whole tribe was always using dark magic and could have practiced and what not in the Shadow Temple (seems like a nice place for that, no?). However, it could be that some decided to go after the Triforce, which a character named Sheik viewed as going too far, so he (and probably some others) helped fight against the "dark interlopers". (I thought of this after seeing Sheikah eyes without teardrops in the Bongo-Bongo fight.)

I found this on Zeldainformer.com so yeah I think that the sheikah will be in skyward sword and I believe Ghirahim will have some connection to them or even be one himself as this new sheikah eye has a diamond in the centre
View attachment 14564

Yes, I saw that, but I really don't think that's the Sheikah symbol. It would have been where the eye didn't have the teardrop most likely, and, really, it doesn't look that much like it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom