• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Do You Think the Original LoZ is Hard?

I've beaten ten Zeldas, and this is the hardest one I've played. And one of the hardest games I've beaten period. The trick to this game is to find the secret heart containers so you can get all the sword upgrades as soon as possible. I couldn't have beaten it without upgrading my sword a couple times.

I think that the two hardest points of the game are the very beginning, until you get the blue ring and white sword, and from level 5 and beyond, where the Wizzrobes and Darknuts come out in full force. By and large, it isn't easy, but is certainly doable.

D

dstpeter

I played this game nonstop with my brother in the late 80's, way before all the internet guides out there, and finding all the dungeons was quite the task alone... it took us around 2 years to beat. probably 4-6 months on level 8 and level 9. however i have never since, felt more satisfaction in beating a video game. i still have a polaroid picture of the two of us after beating gannon dated September 1990, which has tons of sentimental value to me.... good times.

I

ikester2030

I think it pretty tough. but not even HALF as hard as Zelda II. It took me 8 tries before i actually got to the first temple.

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
Well, first playthrough was CRAZY difficult. i remeber putting up the guide for level 9 on the computer and runing back and forth from my wii to play it and see what iss next. the second quest is SUPER difficult. I felt i could hear miyamoto and the other creators laughing at me while i played it. i got the game again on a portable console and it was far more easy and i did it without a guide. i dont know how second quest will be like. I felt the game is almost, well EASY on a second playthrough. this is something good to talk about. i wonder how a portable zelda 2 will be like.

SirBeta

Beta is βetter.
I think The Legend of Zelda is very hard in regards to both combat and puzzle. But once you play it enough and familiarize yourself with the game, it becomes a lot easier. But it's never so hard that you don't want to play; for me, it has a perfect blend of difficulty and fun that makes you want to keep playing. The only exception would be the rooms full of blue darknuts. I hate those things. The first time I played, I had to use a guide. But now I can beat the game without a guide relatively easily. Now Zelda 2... that game is all frustration. If you're within a mile of me playing Zelda 2, be prepared to hear every curse word in the book.

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
Pah! He complains LoZ Is hard! Have you ever played AoL?

But,LoZ Is one hard game.It's unforgiving from about Level 5 onwards and shows little or no mercy while playing.Leevers,Bubbles,Darknuts,Lynels and those damn Wizzrobes just make the game too hard(Don't get me started on Death Mountain Labyrinth).It's not overly hard like Zelda II But My God,it's one tough puppie......oh yeah,I forgot the EVEN HARDER 2nd Quest

Well, first playthrough was CRAZY difficult. i remeber putting up the guide for level 9 on the computer and runing back and forth from my wii to play it and see what iss next. the second quest is SUPER difficult. I felt i could hear miyamoto and the other creators laughing at me while i played it. i got the game again on a portable console and it was far more easy and i did it without a guide. i dont know how second quest will be like. I felt the game is almost, well EASY on a second playthrough. this is something good to talk about. i wonder how a portable zelda 2 will be like.

They did that already in 2004 on GBA Classic NES Games :3

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I thinks that is is much easier if you have the map that the nes cartridge came with. It is hard but i don't think the hardest. I did beat it but i had to use some help from people who had already beaten it.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I'm terrible at it! I barely get 10 minutes into it even with a walkthrough! I'm going to conquer it some day!

[Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the hardest zelda game and it was the first i played so it made me not want to play zelda until i played link.

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
Having now completed Second quest for the second time. I must say it was significantly easier. I think i have come to the conclusion that you must understand the game and get a feel for it. By knowing the game we can perform little tricks. Standing on the water with the latter to hit at, and not be hit. Knowing that thrusting your sword upwards can it an enemy on the other side of a block helps too. Memorizing where everything is and knowing the take any road you want orders is great. I think the true way to make this game easy is to first as i said get familiar and then collect the blue rung. After that get all the secret rupees from moblins and get all heart containers and buy everything helpful. This is the way to not make the game easy, but manageable. It also helps to know where to place bombs in dungeons and stuff like that.

Well, it was pretty difficult to me, even with a guide. I got myself lost in the 6th dungeon, then I used ZD's guide and breezed through it. Just couldn't beat the second quest... That's Impossible!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom