• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Do You Think the OoT3DS is Easier Than the 64?

Teal

Useful Help.
No its mostly a graphical update so in difference in difficulty but the controls are different.

Teal.

Big Octo

=^)
(Sorry for my previous post)

Well, elements have been added to make it easier for new players. The gyroscopic motion controls makes using certain items a whole lot easier.

T

TURTLESKICKU

The difficulty is the same as the N64 versions of the game. The only changes to the game were game graphics and the control scheme.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I felt aiming was a LOT easier with the gyroscope compared to the N64 controller, especially with the target point. It was much easier for me to get the quiver this time than it was on the N64. But that's just my opinion...

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I too think that the gyroscopic aiming really helped a lot, especially against bosses where you had to be quick. And you could use the vision thingy if you were stuck (I personally didn't need it) so yeah I'd say the regular quest is easier. But if we include boss gauntlet and MQ in the rating, then of course it's more difficult again.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OoT3D has a couple of things in it that make the game easier than original/GameCube in my opinion.
1. The Gyroscope makes targeting so much easier. The tank controls were a lot harder to cope with.
2. I don't know about anyone else, but it seems like the world was compressed so traveling is easier to do even on foot. That could just be me though.
3. Link's default movement speed seems increased as well, or maybe the animation is getting to me.
4. Less to no lag at all in certain spots that would cause frame skips on the 64 version make getting through cinematics and/or 3 minute timed sequences a breeze.
5. Skipping cutscenes makes everything easier. :P

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It's the same difficulty, there are just a couple things added to aid the players. (The Hookshot's aiming dot being a lazer and the Sheikah Stones.) The Master Quest, however, is nothing but increased difficulty, and also doesn't have Sheikah Stones.

Big Octo

=^)
To anyone who thinks it's only a graphical update, have you actually played the game? It's easier for multiple reasons and is different from the original version.

Red Link

Sandwhich and Cereal
i think the 3ds version will be easier because usually handheld games are easier

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom