• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you think the multiplayer Zelda games are spin-offs?

Quin

Disaster Master
I recently had a discussion about this, and there seem to be some people who believe FS, FSA and TFH are spin-offs.(note:spin-offs doesn't mean non canon)
Do you believe the shift from single to multiplayer warrent those games being spin-offs?

Personally, I don't. While those games have different level structure and almost lose all exploration aspects, I believe the general gameplay of those games like the combat and puzzle solving are still too close to the other games to call them spin-offs.

What do you think?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't think so. They still feel very much like a Zelda game when you play them, even despite the multiplayer part. The traditional Zelda gameplay is still present, for the most part, and they do have "The Legend of Zelda" in their titles, and star Link as the playable character. Basically, most of what defines a traditional Zelda game is present in the multiplayer games, so I would not call them spin-offs.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
definitely triforce heroes,my mind's not changing on that
the four swords games can go either way,they're for sure not as important as most of the other games,but I don't know if I'd write them off as spin offs either

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom