• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think That Skyward Sword Will Ruin the Zelda Series?

S

Skyet!

I don't think Nintendo would ruin the franchise..that is one of their flag ships. I think what Nintendo is doing is trying to appeal to all audiences and hell Nintendo hasn't ruined a franchise yet. Maybe over use some characters. But never intentionally ruin one of their franchises.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
What kind of question is this? We know next to nothing about the game (if were honest), and people are drawing conclusions like "I don't want this game to ruin my experience with the Zelda series!" If anything, this game is the revitalisation the series has needed.

I'm serious, what is up witht the fans?!? Wind Waker proved that just because a game is different looking, it won't suck, in fact it might even get near perfect scores from reviewers. I am open to Skyward Sword being the best game we have ever seen, I and I have never doubted that it could. I Miyamoto San says it will be the most satisfying Zelda game they've ever made, we should trust him...

C

chicken storm

I think it looks great. I'm excited to see how the plot will lay out (I can't belive they forge the Master Sword) and Giriham looks like he'll be a great villian. It looks a little hard in terms of gameplay because of the way they use the MotionPlus, but hey, Zelda games are supposed to be challenging. It's more life-like as Link copies your exact movements and switching items doesn't pause the game like it usually does. This game is a far cry away from ruining the series.

I personally don't think SS will ruin the series; "will ruin" is such a robust term and has such negative connotations. However, I do think there always exists the off-chance that the series could at least receive a black eye with each new Zelda game (For instance, Wind Waker didn't sit well with some fans. "not me, of course; I loved it, so no bad rep, please").

I have yet to see a Zelda game (that Nintendo took part in creating) with the potential to ruin the series. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
SS will ruin the series. Coupled with a poor gameplay design and the worst graphics the series has ever seen, SS will surpass Ocarina of Time in failure. When will Nintendo learn to make a game that matches the CD-I games in greatness?! /sarcasm

Last edited:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
If you agree with me that there is no chance of this game being even close to bad, then I'll make you a sandwich! ( I'm serious, I'll prepare it and ship it to your location, I would need your credit card info though o_0)

Above is supposed to be funny, if you agree with me that it isn't really, make yourself a tasty ham and cheese sandwich....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom