• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you think that a Twilight Princess HD remake for the upcoming 10th anniversary would be good?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Remake, pointless. Remaster? Not hugely needed I don't think, but I guess it'd be nice. Just seems un-necessary.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
No, this to be honest would be a terrible idea. The game is only gonna be 10 years old, it is NOT due a remake even if it would be just to hd. Leave stuff alone sometimes and give us some new games is what I say.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
your thoughts?

I think 10 years is a good time to release an anniversary edition. Some games seem to get remakes a year after they are first released these days, like The Last of Us.
TP is one of the greatest games of all time and should be given a full remake. The original game looks like crap and they could really do with adding a hard mode.
Making another original title for Wii U after Zelda 2015 would be a mistake. The second original title of a Zelda on each console has been shown every time to underperform. By the time they made a brand new game all interest in the Wii U will have dissapeared completely. It really isn't very popular now, can you imagine the abysmal sales a Zelda would get that released towards the end of its life? Ss sold poorly for a console Zelda and that was on a console that had over a hundred million units sold. This suggests that a new title towards the end of Wii U's life is not a viable option financially and it also does an injustice to what would probably be a great game that hardly anyone would get to play. Releasing TP after Zelda U would be a good strategy with interest in Zelda still being high in 2016 and Zelda U fresh in the peoples minds. Existing fans will no doubt want to revisit older games and newcomers will want to check out other games from the series.

TP remake gets a yes from me.

The Wind Waler did get the same treatment (2003-2013 is 10 years), but I think that was more a surge of inspiration on part of EAD rather than a dedicated resolve to remake the game. They even said, they were driven by the aesthetic appeal of the HD cel-shaded style.

I think it's too early. The game isn't suffering by any means, and it's harsher criticisms have been steadily giving way to fond memories and praise for some time now. I think a remake will be most warranted when this comes full circle, and a remastered version will be welcomed with open arms.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
TP is going to take at least 2 years to remake. Considering they've been working on Zelda U, ALBW, MM3D, I doubt it'll get an anniversary release.

I'd rather have it when it's most refined than have it rushed for a 10 year deadline.

I think for TP's tenth anniversary we should invent away to erase it from history so I never have to think about it again. I can instead think about puppies or something. IN HD!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom