• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think SS Was Too Easy To 100%?

Do You Think SS Was Too Easy To 100%?

• Way too easy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fairly easy

• Not too easy

• Total voters
I agree. I 100% it fairly easily and before I went to beat Ghirahim/Demise. I was rather disappointed by this. I wanted it to last longer :)

Z

zeldafan7

I definitely think that skyward sword is an easy game because if you die, you just go back to your last save point and you even get to keep whatever accomplishments you made after you saved and before you died. I think that aspect is what makes this game too easy, but it also makes the game much less frustrating for a the "casual gamer" and many others playing the game. It makes you feel like your always going forward so it is great for many, but it also takes away alot from the game for the die-hard zelda fans, who dont get as great a feeling of reward as they could otherwise. I think that in hero mode if you die, you should lose whatever progress you made since you last saved. The amount of content and different puzzles that require so much thinking don't make this game too too easy, but it is definitely easier than it should be (im guessing to appeal to a larger audience).

I personally don't think it's easy as some might claim due to several frustrations I had with mini-games to get the piece of hearts. The Fun-Fun Island Sky Diving was annoying because I often failed to reach the 50 rupee spot and often landed on a 1-rupee or zero-rupee spot. The Archery Game, while fun to play, was also hard in terms of getting 600 points and a piece of heart. And I also considered the Coaster game to be nearly impossible for me to get a piece of heart. So I would say fairly easy in some parts, it has some challenges in the other. And I haven't gotten to Hero Mode yet.

MW7

I'd say it's definitely one of the easier ones in the series. Dowsing made much of the collection of items an absolute joke (but it is optional if you want to do it the hard way so overall it's a good design decision IMO). However dowsing can only do so much and won't help you get the hylian shield (hardest thing to get to reach 100% IMO).

Yea it was a great game but getting everything was much too simple imo, even without dousing they made everything way too easy to find.

E

euler

Easy to 100%?! I couldn't disagree more. Maximizing the amount of projectiles that you can carry at any one time requires 8 large seed satchels, 8 large bomb bags, and 8 large quivers. Obtaining all of those things requires hours of treasure hunting! Defeating all 12 bosses in one run during the Lightning Round is incredibly difficult. I haven't even come close to uncovering all the rupees in the Thrill Digger expert level. Furthermore, doing all of the above in Hero Mode makes Skyward Sword probably the most difficult Zelda game to complete 100%.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It felt far too easy for me to 100% this game. All enemies I found to be absolute jokes because their AI is too simple. Collecting treasures/bugs is a joke because we can loop them (Mases mentioned an easy but not exactly the BEST way to loop Tumbleweeds in his vid walkthrough). Given that I found the enemies to be laughably easy, boss rush is no tough cookie either. But that's just me, I know other people have trouble with the game for some reason or another.

Easy to 100%?! I couldn't disagree more. Maximizing the amount of projectiles that you can carry at any one time requires 8 large seed satchels, 8 large bomb bags, and 8 large quivers. Obtaining all of those things requires hours of treasure hunting! Defeating all 12 bosses in one run during the Lightning Round is incredibly difficult. I haven't even come close to uncovering all the rupees in the Thrill Digger expert level. Furthermore, doing all of the above in Hero Mode makes Skyward Sword probably the most difficult Zelda game to complete 100%.

I don't think most people would consider getting 8 of every bag a requirement for 100%.
Getting all the Pieces of Hearts, gratitude crystals, chests and goddess cubes was fairly easy. Upgrading everything was effortless too. That's why I'm trying to do a 99 run to give myself more of a challenge. The most difficult for me was doing the Boss Rush in Hero Mode.

E

euler

I don't think most people would consider getting 8 of every bag a requirement for 100%.

I suppose it's easy to 100% if 100% doesn't really mean 100%. But I think the reason there isn't a gold skulltula-like quest is because there is so much that you could do instead to make the game last longer. Maximizing projectiles, completing the Boss Rush in Hero Mode, and finishing the Silent Realms in the times suggested by the Thunder Dragon are musts for people who claim that the game is too easy to "100%."

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
By the time I reached the final boss I was missing about 2 pieces of heart and some gratitude crystals, so I'd say it's pretty easy to 100%. If it weren't for the Hylian shield I'd say it's way too easy.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I suppose it's easy to 100% if 100% doesn't really mean 100%. But I think the reason there isn't a gold skulltula-like quest is because there is so much that you could do instead to make the game last longer. Maximizing projectiles, completing the Boss Rush in Hero Mode, and finishing the Silent Realms in the times suggested by the Thunder Dragon are musts for people who claim that the game is too easy to "100%."
Completing Boss Rush in HM is no different than in normal mode. Speedrunning silent realms (except for Eldin) is like making your own maze. I dunno about any of your suggestions upping the difficulty, because I found them to be laughably easy. :?

E

euler

Completing Boss Rush in HM is no different than in normal mode. Speedrunning silent realms (except for Eldin) is like making your own maze. I dunno about any of your suggestions upping the difficulty, because I found them to be laughably easy. :?

Boss Rush in HM is no different than in normal mode if you're able to do the entire thing without getting hit...which I definitely cannot do at this point. I should probably clarify that when I'm claiming that Skyward Sword is difficult to 100%, I'm only comparing it to other Zelda games. What is your basis of comparison, VanitasXII? Is there a Zelda game that, in your opinion, isn't laughably easy?

A

AlphaBenson

I've never 100% any game. Ever.

I just can't be bothered to collect items and treasures that I don't need since I've already beat the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom