• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think Skyward Sword Will Include Hylian's Origin?

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
As I was watching the new trailer for Skyward Sword I had all these ideas and theories forming in my head. One of these only started because of a certain fictional man I call that strange dude on the balcony. He was the character in Ocarina of Time who told you that the Hylians were close to the Goddesses and could here them because of their long pointed ears. The peaople in Skyloft have pointed ears, how does that have to deal with anything? In Twilight Princess, it is said that the Ooccoo created the Hylians. The Ooccoo live in the sky. And if the Hylians were created by the Ooccoo and were close to the sky then they might be from the sky. If that woman in the trailer is Zelda, and if all this even makes sense, then the Hylians from above may have inhabited Hyrule or the land below. Now since I'm typing just after I really considered this theory, there may be errors in information.

Based on a lot right now, it sure is starting to look like it. If not the origins of Hylians themselves; it will surely show the origins of a lot of stuff from the series' chronology.

Djinn

and Tonic
I believe this will cover the origin of Hyrule, or at least lead towards it and leave the rest to the player's imagination. The few little bits seen do explain the pieces of info on the myth told in TP of the occoa creating Hyrule.

This sheds a lot of light on who was closest to the gods in the story.
"The common opinion is that Hyrule was created by the Hylia people, the race closest to the gods, but...truth be told, there's also a theory saying that in ancient times, there was a race even closer to the gods than the Hylia people, and THEY created it." — Shad

Now the term Ooccoo was actually made up by the localization team of NoA. They did not have an official name in the Japanese version.
The Japanese name of the Oocca is 天空人, "tenkū" meaning "sky" and "jin" meaning "folk".

So according to Shad, there were a sky people who were closer to the gods than the modern Hylians who created Hyrule. With the new revelations of SS, we now know that there were a sky people that existed before the founding of Hyrule, and that they possibly created Hyrule according to the legends. Their living in the sky protected from the dangers of the world below would lead most people to believe they are closest to the gods. Normally the realm of the heavens is only for deities and their closest servants in mythology. Since the small odd birdlike creatures were the only ones still living in the sky by the time of TP they might have been confused for the sky people who founded Hyrule, especially since there were no other people there.

Djinn, as always, seems to have the right idea. You should always look at the original Japanese text when doing research and formulating theories, in my opinion.

whut? for a moment I was making it official in my head xD, but no, its not official at the moment, but, yes, I think we will see the origin of the hylians, why?, just read above ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom