• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Do You Think OoT 3DS Is a Good Idea?

Do you think and OoT remake is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• I don't know

• Total voters

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I think that it's a good idea, because OoT is in major need of a graphical overhaul. They can also update the game to add some of the more recent innovations of the Zelda series, while keeping the core of the game just as it is.

I think that OoT at it's core is an excellent game that can be brought into the modern age with a few tweaks and updates. It was very much ahead of its time.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I see no reason why it would be a bad idea... even if you have played the game hundreds of times and never want to play it again this game will be introducing OoT to people who have never played OoT before. Young kids are going to pick up the same game we played as kids but it will be better and in 3D! I am personally looking forward to it with great anticipation, the 3DS and OoT 3D game will probably cost alot but im willing to shell out the money. It's something I really want as a Zelda fan and I don't think Nintendo is going to dissapoint with any of the 3DS games. I'm already convinced that the 3DS is going to stun us with it's library of games, and OoT will be one of the best launch titles for sure. hopefully.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Well, not really. Remakes are not the best, but new games are. I feel like they are wasting their time, instead of coming up with ideas for new games.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
Firstly, I am excited that it's coming out.
But, I said maybe because
- As people are saying it would make it or break it.
- No one might not want to go out and buy a new console because of the economy..
- People will be afraid of button controls (like you all said)
- But some people haven't played and this will be a great experience
- Some people might like the original controls (almost like Twilight Princess when It converted to the Wii)

Lastly, A lot of people don't like remakes. (which it's like people and movies, but sometimes it's understandable. :) )

So some pros and cons... that's why it's a maybe for me.
But still very excited!

Though I'm a not a big fan of Ocarina of Time, I think a remake might be an excellent idea. It is considered as the "best" Zelda game. By making a remake, it shows that Nintendo cares for its fans and want the members of its younger audience who never played the original Ocarina of Time a chance now. It might even please the older audience. With what we know, it only has enhanced graphics and controls. Everything else is kept the same.

You can't really judge the remake off of what we know now, so you'll just have to let it be for the time being.

J

Janthran

Horrible idea. I'll never get the money for a 3DS and I don't really see the point of buying a 64 just to play the one game.

They should remake it for classic DS instead.

YES! This is my favorite game, and having a remake is the best thing. Not only they can improve the graphics but improve the gameplay to todays standards. Miyamoto and Aounuma said they want to do this. That they don't only want to do a "straight" port of the game, but a true remake. Either way, Nintendo doesnt do things half-made and im sure they are going to do something more than just revamping the graphics on OoT. Not only this is good for us old fans, but many people that have not played the game in years or that havent played the game at all have the opportunity to put this hands on a classic. At least Nintendo is listening to us fans, unlike other fandoms (like Final Fantasy VII), which have been waiting years for remakes of this kind and still will have to wait. I think we should be happy about this, and lets not forget SS is also coming in the same time, so that means two Zelda games on one year!

D

DamnationZeRO

I answered yes as I'm quite excited to play my favorite game all over again where ever I want. I honestly hope they DON'T go content crazy with the game and I highly doubt they will. I don't think it's even remotely possible as some are wishing that they will add tons of side quests, new dungeons, new items yet still retain the "classic OOT feel". Perhaps if there was original content that was cut from the game that fits into the same mind frame the creators were in when they made the game...I wouldn't mind that. Or as another suggested having a "new" mode and then a straight up original mode on the cart. I think space wise that shouldn't be that much of an issue. Zelda on n64 was only a 32mb game. Even though they're remaking the graphics the textures, etc are still made for a small screen and considering a DS cart can be upwards of 128mbs and I'm assuming the 3ds will be a fair bit more than that..space shouldn't be a concern. I have a feeling Nintendo will REALLY play it safe as far as the content is concerned. That's a very dangerous path for them to go down because the slightest things will piss fans off to no end and I'm sure they realize that.

I for one am glad they aren't making another PH or ST type game first. I'm sorry but myself and many others really agree those are massive low points for the series. PH was absolutely terrible in my opinion and had VERY few redeeming qualities. The fact that the ocean kings temple remained in the game amazed me every time I had to go back inside it. Passing through the same floors with irritating enemies and completing the same puzzles over and over again with a time limit...are you kidding? The old Zelda classic handheld games are all far superior in just about every way as compared to those games. I'm just REALLY hoping Majora's Mask will also see a remake and I have a feeling if they decided to do OOT that MM wont be too far off into the 3DS's life cycle.

Also...seriously people Mario 64 already needed to be scaled down to run properly on the DS. A OOT game on the DS would be absolutely terrible, the controls would be horrific without an analog stick and they wouldn't of had any room to improve the graphics at all. Seriously the system has been out almost 7 years...it's about time we are seeing a new unit imo. I feel OOT will have no issues holding up as I've replayed it recently on the Wii VC and short of the controls feeling a little dated at times, it was still just as amazing as I remembered it. I feel it is still better than newer offerings like TP (just finished replaying that one today). At least it's a challenging :).

Oh and just to clarify by original mode I mean the game with the updated graphics / controls but all original story content if they choose to add extra dungeons etc in. That way we get the best of both worlds.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I think it is a wonderful idea.
1. The colors are brighter and I like that
2. My friend only has a ds and will get the 3ds most likely and that means he will finally get to experience the excitement of Ocarina of Time
3. You will never get lost. I have sometimes tried to find the Zora's Domain but could not find it then once I could not find the Gerudo Desert and if they make the bottom screen like they did for Super Mario 64 ds then there will be a map on the bottom screen.

I'm going to buy this game, sure, it may just be a remake, or it might have to much new things, or you won't like the controlling, or WHATEVER, do not forget one thing that will make us, probably all of us, get this game: you can take it ANYWHERE! car trips, waiting for your sister to have that baby, waiting for car license, in the plane, in the bathroom, in your closet, in MY closet! just have that 3d thing charged, and your ready to go anywhere at any time!

Z

zbygy9

What would really be cool is if they remade this on a significantly more powerful next-gen console, rather than a next gen handheld. Sure, it looks good, but I have a feeling it might just end up being an updated and enhanced port than an epic remake, which is what a remake of that game should be. It's Ocarina of Time people!

J

John

I think any remake is pointless (keep your hands off the Metal Gear MSX games, especially 2), although Ocarina 3DS looks very nice. I guess I wouldn't mind it as much had it not been for the fact that we know nothing of any NEW Zelda games coming for the 3DS. Because right now, I couldn't care less about the Nintendo 3DS.

No, no no no.
There is just some Zelda games that should not be re-made. When I first heard about this on ZeldaUniverse, I went and droped the "F" bomb. I am not up with this remake. (Even though Nintendo remade it to a Master Quest, it don't count)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I see no problems with it. Being able to take the top-rated title in video-gaming history pretty much anywhere it a huge plus to and for Zelda fans, new or old, in my opinion. But I'd also like to test it before I jump to conclusions, though I hope the footage of "testers" playing the demos are like what I interpret them to be. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom