• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Do You Think OoT 3DS Is a Good Idea?

Do you think and OoT remake is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• I don't know

• Total voters

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
So it's a topic that pretty big right now and I came across this thought, is it really that good of an idea? OoT was good for its time. I think remaking the game in a more modern sense would just take away all of that. I mean if the looks of Link and other characters of changed and updated, where will the feelings that we have for the original go? Nothing can ever replace the first, but it seems to me that 3DS version of OoT is really not all that great of an idea. I mean, sure there are some things that could be different in the remake.
Personally, I feel that a remake could leave me disappointed. I think Nintendo should think that OoT was amazing for its time and still is, even in 2010. I disagree with the remake. I don't want to see updates that looks that will make me dislike it. What do all of you think?

I'm really not sure at this point, they could either do phenomenal on it, or really screw it over. This is a launch title for the system, and rarely are those disappointments, but when they're handling such delicate material, there's bound for something to go wrong. There's no pleasing everybody with this sort of product, but they could please most, or please none depending on how they execute this.

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
I voted maybe but I really don't think it is a good idea because OoT was good enough it could stand alone and now with the remake they might bring down how awesome the original was. But it also might be awesome and I could be completely wrong :lol:

This is a great idea. Having OoT3DS will boost the 3DS's sales a lot (I have no exact figure). And don't pretend to not like the idea, because we all know you're going to buy it, whether or not you think it's a good idea.

T

Twinroba

I voted -YES- , Oot is hte best game and a remake its an good idea

Pikacondon

Title.
HECK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course. when I have to go out, I wish i could take OoT with me. Now I can! I'll probably be amazed by the graphics improvement.

S

Stilt-Man

On one hand, I don't think it's a good idea. I'd rather they come up with new games, and keep things going. On the other hand... being able to play Ocarina of Time ANYWHERE? Man, that's hard to pass up.

I'm really anxious to see what they've got in store. Would it be possible to have both Ocarina of Time and Master Quest on the same game card? I know nothing about the intricacies of game software and hardware and... things...

I always wanted to be able to bring this game wherever I go and soon I will be able to. I hope they add alot of extra sidequests to it like Majora's Mask had. I would also love an extended story. If we don't get a MM-3DS then we better get MM amount of sidequests.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I don't really think it's a good idea. OoT has aged terribly and this will make it more apparent, especially after the newcomers have played TP. The only way I could see it being a success is if they add enough content to make it measure up to TP, but that won't happen. Besides, I would rather them work on completely new games instead of dwelling in the past.

Steve

5/19/13
I think it is a good idea, and seeing the success of Super Mario 64 DS, I don't see how it could not be. I'm not particularly a fan of Super Mario 64, but I enjoyed the DS remake greatly, so I think they could just as easily pull this off. If Ocarina of Time 3D does very well for itself, though, I would like to see a Majora's Mask port as well.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocarina 3D could do as good as the original, or even better. They just need to make sure that they don't recycle OoT. I mean recycle by means of keeping the exact same things in the same place; updating graphics isn't enough. They had better include some things that could revise and/or "complete" Ocarina of Time. The original was VERY glitchy, and each subsequent "version" still contained many of the glitches present in the game. I'd like to see those glitches patched up, and I'd also like to see extra dungeons, enemies replaced, and totally new enemies contained in the game. That's all personal preference, and OoT3D isn't going to please everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom