• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think Nintendo Will Ever Make Hyrule Text Consistent Between Games?

Saint Ravenboo

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Legend
Within every entry in the series, besides Majora's Mask, Hyrule text has then in a different style lettering mismatch translations, but will they ever develop a style that is constantly used between games? If so, which one? I'd prefer to use the Twilight Princess alphabet. But I may be biased on that, since it is my favorite game in the series.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
I would love the Twilight Princess style as well, alas I imagine it will be Link’s Awakening Remake and Echoes of Wisdom style.

Saint Ravenboo

ZD Legend
I would love the Twilight Princess style as well, alas I imagine it will be Link’s Awakening Remake and Echoes of Wisdom style.
Wait, do they use the same Hylian text? I was mostly talking about the language, just to make things clear.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
Yeah. I was mostly talking about both actually, to be honest.

9a2842daa0da9cad85e32ab500b2b16038342aec_hq.gif

Sounds good to me.

Saint Ravenboo

ZD Legend
Considering the language and font style are actually intertwined, due to how the language is developed for the game it's in between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, their stylized the way they are, because the way they're decoded is different. One is translating it into Japanese and then into English to get the meaning, and the other one is the other way around I believe. Causing the font to look completely different. I could be wrong about this.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
Considering the language and font style are actually intertwined, due to how the language is developed for the game it's in between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, their stylized the way they are, because the way they're decoded is different. One is translating it into Japanese and then into English to get the meaning, and the other one is the other way around I believe. Causing the font to look completely different. I could be wrong about this.
I love how Midna speaks broken English. It may indeed be a mix of English and are Nordic Dialect.

Not sure if this fan made or from the game:
IMG_2045.jpeg

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
While I'm glad people care to discuss these things, I'm so content with my interpretation of the Legend of Zelda.

"I remember the text looking this way."

"Yeah, well I remember it that way."

Legend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom