• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think Nintendo Will Ever Make a M Rated Zelda Game?

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
So far, the highest rating level for a Zelda game has been T. Do you think Nintendo would ever make an M rated LoZ game? If they did, would you buy it? Do you think they should?

I can guarantee there will never be an M rated Zelda game.

I would not play it.
I don't even play any M rated games now, so I definitely wouldn't want to play an M rated Zelda game.

I do not believe they ever will. It would be detriminal to the series and ruin the product appeal for a lot of "up and coming gamers" of the new generations. Plus, I think it would kill the magic of the series. Zelda's always been able to maintain that magical appeal to all audiences while keeping it under "M." It it went above, that appeal would be gone to almost all but the hardcore Zelda fans.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
well, you can't really say they NEVER will... i mean look what they did with Wind Waker. the demo at E3 2000 showed realistic graphics, and then Nintendo surprised us all with Cartoon graphics... an M-rated game could happen. i get that the Zelda series is meant fro all ages, but honestly, the Zelda games are never the case. Zelda games aren't pick-up-and-play games like New Super Mario Bros. or Wii Party, you'd have to understand Zelda in order to pay the game and to actually get somewhere. an M-rated Zelda would really bring to the table new ideas that couldn't be implemented anywhere else...
but, it's still Zelda, so of course i'd but it... ^^

Last edited:
I'd bet that it would never happen. If it did get an M rating it would probably be for violence and not even be that bad.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
For a Zelda game to be rated M, there would have to be a huge excess of blood, which isn't Zelda. Zelda uses minimal amounts of animated blood. So I don't see one ever coming. I'd still get it, but I can say with certainty it won't happen.

GustJar88

Links Secret Crush
You can forget that.
The thing about Nintendo is basicly family and all ages gaming. Now if the genre was for the X-Box or PS3..then they most likely would.
Than again...why go that far? The series has been just fine without a silly ''M'' rating and the things that go along with it.
They seem to be cracking down on the rating laws all over the country, if they banned the sale, or did whatever with ''M'' rated games and
crafted a Zelda title with that rating...it could stand to be banned or go through the whole over protective parent hooplah.
Who wants that?
With the use of creepy elements and vast storyline, it is pointless to slap anything in it to make it M rated.
All people of all ages should be able to enjoy the series freely without needing a photo ID or parents permission to buy and play it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom