• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you think Nintendo will ever explain the lack of female Gorons?

Lol, obviously over thinking things here....

But I feel like we have a decent idea of how Gerudo reproduction works. They procreate with Hylian men and then give birth to female Gerudos. Not so much in terms of the apparently all-male Gorons.

Do you think Nintendo will ever explain it?

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
The fact that there are Gordons in BOTW’s Gerudo Town, while they don’t say anything about the issue, seems to imply that either there are female Gorons and these are female, or Gorons are genderless.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I think that Gerudo and Gorons crossbreed. It would make sense for one to be in Gerudo Town because of this, and a Gerudo you meet near a stable tells you that she thinks a Goron would make a fine man for her.

Either that, or the male Gerudo (who is born once every 100 years) mates with every female like in a Lion pride, which isn't something I'd like to think about.

Gorozoron

wild ride
I think that Gerudo and Gorons crossbreed. It would make sense for one to be in Gerudo Town because of this, and a Gerudo you meet near a stable tells you that she thinks a Goron would make a fine man for her.

Either that, or the male Gerudo (who is born once every 100 years) mates with every female like in a Lion pride, which isn't something I'd like to think about.
man ganon gets around

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I think the Goron in Gerudo Town implied at one point he was confused as to how he got in. My thinking is that they technically qualify as genderless. In BotW we see Yunobo who is a "descendant" of Daruk, apparently having inherited his powers from his ancestor. It could mean descended in a non literal sense like we see in wind waker (bc Fado having kids would make absolutely no sense), but tbh I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps when a Goron dies their body turns into stone, which can then be carved into a new little Goron? So whoever's body you are made from is your technical descendant? I just don't know, and I don't think Nintendo does either.

I don’t think Gorons are genderless, because all major Goron characters are referred to as “he” in the third person.

I like the looking identical theory which would explain the confusion at gerudo town.

I would like to see Nintendo address it by introducing a major goron character who is female

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom