• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think Nintendo Should of Made Pokemon X & Y for DSi Too?

Jaywolf

~The Wolfos Furry~
I think they should of because not everyone has a 3DS or even wants one. (like me, I don't want one) Plus the DSi is still sorta new. Mostly all my friends have a DSi except one. (he has a 3DS) Does anyone else agree with me?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
The dsi is just a ds with a few extra fetuers and no not relly the 3ds needs something to make it sell so it would he a terible bussnis move.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
NO NO NO! The DSI is four years old, and Pokemon has been stuck on DS tech for seven years as it stands.

I was disappointed B2W2 wasn't 3DS, the familiar setting of Unova could have helped ease us into 3D more easily. Anyaway, no. Time marches on. Technology marches on. Pokemon must march on, or be left behind to go the way of the Dodo.

I don't agree with that. We've had 9 main Pokémon games on Nintendo DS, it think it's about time Game Freak moved on to the 3DS. If you don't want a 3DS then I'm sorry but tough, it will be your loss that you will be missing out on Pokémon X & Y if you are not up to getting the latest handheld. Pokémon Black & White 2 were the last DS Games Nintendo/Game Freak developed, the only games you will see developed for the DS now are crappy third party games based on recent kids movies. There is no chance that Nintendo will go back to the DS now that they are well focused on the 3DS.

Jaywolf

~The Wolfos Furry~
If you don't want a 3DS then I'm sorry but tough, it will be your loss that you will be missing out on Pokémon X & Y if you are not up to getting the latest handheld.

Well, I'm sry that my family doesn't have enough money. we can bearly aford our internet let alone our house. I was asking if you thought they should of made it for the 3DS AND the DSi for people who couldn't aford the 3DS.

When the DSI first came out I didn't even own a gamboy or even a DS. Untill my friend got a gameboy advance and sold it to mefor $20. That was my first handheld game system. (unless you consider a handheld virtual pet a gaming system) I got my DSi 2 yrs after it came out.

Last edited:

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I'm sorry if I, or anyone, hurt your feelings Jaywolf. I know cash can be hard to come by, and it can be difficult to keep up with all the gizmos and games they are always unveiling, but the new games are designed for 3DS software, and they would likely not look very good on the DS format.

Jaywolf

~The Wolfos Furry~
I'm sorry if I, or anyone, hurt your feelings Jaywolf. I know cash can be hard to come by, and it can be difficult to keep up with all the gizmos and games they are always unveiling, but the new games are designed for 3DS software, and they would likely not look very good on the DS format.

Oh I know that. It's just a thread. If people hurt my feelings that's ok with me. It doesn't bother me @ all.

Well, I'm sry that my family doesn't have enough money. we can bearly aford our internet let alone our house. I was asking if you thought they should of made it for the 3DS AND the DSi for people who couldn't aford the 3DS.

OK I do apologies for that as I was unaware of the circumstances. Having said that playing video games is an expensive leisure activity so if you can barely afford an internet connection let alone the roof over your head, maybe you should put video games to the side for the time being and worry about the more important things and go back to it when you are earning more. I completely understand where your coming from, but unfortunately video games are becoming more and more expensive for a number of reasons and those who have tight income will struggle to keep up with new technology.

Looks like somebody doesn't understand the concept of system power and technology advancement, because the hard truth is that it doesn't cater to the financially unstable.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Typically when a new console comes out, there's a good chance the main games for that console will make the transition, mostly due to technological advances, which is the initial reason why the console was made.

Pokemon X and Y is definitely a step up, quite a big one in this franchise. Even though I don't think it looks that impressive, it seems like this was only possible on a handheld with sufficient power - which the 3DS obviously has. Of course they could make a downgraded version for the previous console - Call of Duty and other major franchises have done this before - but from a marketing perspective, I don't think it would be that great, sales wise.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I think they should of because not everyone has a 3DS or even wants one. (like me, I don't want one) Plus the DSi is still sorta new. Mostly all my friends have a DSi except one. (he has a 3DS) Does anyone else agree with me?

Honestly, I'd have to disagree with you, but only to some extent. In my eyes, the DSi is kind of a long forgotten console by now, and the 3DS (as well as the Wii U and 2DS) are at the forefront of the Nintendo world right now. Though I can understand why you would want the compatibility for the game -- especially for financial reasons, but it seems highly unlikely at this moment in time.

Fig

The Altruist
Actually the DSi has been around since 2008-09, so it's actually quite old! :P I believe that Nintendo made the right decision for having Pokemon X and Y to be released exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS. Sure not a lot of people don't have a 3DS at the moment, but with just that, it will push sales and bring more profit for Nintendo, which they actually need right now! D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom