• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think LoZ and AoL Should Be Re-made?

Not every single Zelda game has to have a remake. Truthfully, I think Legend of Zelda is perfect the way it is, being it on the NES it has done a spectacular job. It is still Zelda fans favourite game and I think it is fine the way it is.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
While it would be interesting, there really isn't much to remake about them. There's not much in game story and you can't exactly add other things like a boss battle mode like you could with OoT.

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
I have stated in another thread that I personally think Nintendo should not remake any Zelda game. But If I had to choose it would be Aol with the Smash bros. engine and the original artstyle that Aol had.... anyone else favor this idea?

MW7

I have stated in another thread that I personally think Nintendo should not remake any Zelda game. But If I had to choose it would be Aol with the Smash bros. engine and the original artstyle that Aol had.... anyone else favor this idea?

Well I have to say that's definitely a very interesting idea. That would be pretty fun. Would you envision it like the stamina mode? It would totally change the game, but it would be worth playing.

In response to the thread in general, I'd say LOZ is awesome the way it is and AOL has more quirks but still is enjoyable. It wouldn't take much tweaking to make AOL more accessible to the average gamer by doing little things such as taking away death by falling and not resetting experience accumulation when you get a game over. Tweaking could help any Zelda game, but AOL does have a fair amount of design oddities.

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
oh yeah that is what i forgot to mention lol. make the game more accessible to the newer zelda fans who get turned off by the gameplay mechanics... I mean it is a Hard hard game to say the least. I still haven't beat it. lol

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Nah, I think they should leave those 2 games alone. Those are the ones that started the franchise, so I don't think they should be messed with because it would ruin the effects the first 2 games made which is why fans fell in love with Zelda to begin with.

I'd like something on the lines of Metroid Zero Mission, expanding on what happened during the game and recreate the look of several monsters.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Why would they. At least OoT had some reasons to be remade but LoZ and AoL are great games and other than the graphics what would you change?

Djinn

and Tonic
I would love for Adventure of Link to be remade. Just to have a chance at playing that game and not not getting nearly as frustrated with it after half an hour. There were too many things about it that just seemed so broken or unfinished. Possibly just poorly thought out. Then there is the terrible translation from the 80's to deal with beyond that. A fresh remake that fixes quite a few things like the loose controls, the sword mechanics, enemy movement and possibly a better save system would do wonders for that game. As well as updates to things like the story and text. The story can be massively updated very easily and give the random villagers you encounter a little more character since cartridge restrictions are a thing of the past.

Just think, tighter controls so you can more easily jump over pits without falling, a better sword so enemy fights do not always include getting hurt just to hit the other guy, and villagers with characterization. Even the ability to save and return to a last point in the game instead of starting over at the north palace. That would instantly improve Zelda 2 in an amazing way.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The original LoZ is fine just as it is. It's pretty much the dream Legend of Zelda title that couldn't be expanded upon to make it any better, so that means it should remain as it is and not be converted into something else, such as a 3-Dimensional game. Personally, I found nothing wrong with the controls; they were fine on the NES and Gamecube controllers, the latter of which went with the Zelda Special Edition disc.

On the other hand, the Adventure of Link could use a revamp in some aspects, IMO. My top preference would definitely be altering the sidescrolling perspective to an overhead view to make it less Mario and more Zelda. Next cut down on the difficulty so that casual players such as myself would be able to enjoy it as well. You don't really need hundreds of Tinsuit soldiers charging at you in the first Temple; just a large group of them in a single screen unit would be fine. In that screen unit they could charge at you, and it would be you who had to either evade and side-attack the enemy, or slash out with your sword before taking a blow. Thirdly, make a real overworld. I have no idea what they were thinking by creating a field where you had to dodge enemies rather than fighting them. But I'd want them to make an overworld just like the Zelda 1's or A Link to the Past's. Just don't go back to that. And lastly, fix the save system. No need to return to the starting spot after saving and turning he game off or dying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom