• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think Half-Life 2 Episode 3 Will Be Worth It?

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
As we all know Half-Life is one of the world's most beloved video game franchises. So if you ever played Half-Life 2 and it's first 2 episodes your dying to know how it ends. Well, I know I am for that matter! So this brings me to ask Do You Think Half-Life 2 Episode 3 will be worth it? Don't get me wrong it makes me mad every E3 convention when Valve Softwares doesn't even give us a little piece of information but I guess that just makes us sit at the edge of seats until Valve learns to count to 3. Anyway do you think HL2:EP3 will be worth it because honestly I do.

Dan

NO THEY BETTER NOT MAKE 3 IT WILL DESTROY THE FORMULA OF NO 3'S !

Team fortress 3
Left 4 dead 3
Portal 3

Just never seems to happen. If they make a new half life it would be half life 3 now.

I would be legitimately blown away if Valve actually released a Episode 3 at this point. Wouldn't it just make far more sense to go ahead on a proper Half Life 3 sequel? It's been nearly 5 years or so since Episode 2. They already missed the boat on the episodic idea.

I'm not expecting any Half Life information one way or the other for quite awhile though honestly. Regardless of if it's another Episode or a proper sequel, I'll definitely play it & probably love it. More Half Life is never a bad thing :D

Dan

I would be legitimately blown away if Valve actually released a Episode 3 at this point. Wouldn't it just make far more sense to go ahead on a proper Half Life 3 sequel? It's been nearly 5 years or so since Episode 2. They already missed the boat on the episodic idea.

I'm not expecting any Half Life information one way or the other for quite awhile though honestly. Regardless of if it's another Episode or a proper sequel, I'll definitely play it & probably love it. More Half Life is never a bad thing :D

Yeah that's what I thought. The point of episodic content in my eyes was to release parts of a big story in small batches. You know like... EPISODES.
So it would make more sense to just go ahead and have half life 3.

I think they've taken too much time off from the episode formula to make a third one worth it. The episodes were meant to tell another narrative equal in length to Half-Life 2 but over a shorter development time. Seeing as how we've waited for nearly five years since the last episode; releasing five levels won't cut it. It's time for Half-Life 3 once and for all.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Honestly, I have to say, it will be worth it. For starters, Valve has a really good reputation, and the only bad thing they've done is Ricochet.

Secondly...that ending of Episode 2. They really need to continue on, because I felt terrible from the ending, but once it faded to black and the credits rolled, I went from sadness to rage. It was a good ending, but very cliffhanger, especially when it came out in 2007, and since that time, we've had two Left 4 Deads (and a prequel on the way), Portal 2, DOTA 2, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, and hats, lots and lots of hats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom