• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Do You Think Ganondorf is a Descendant???

Kirino

Tatakae
Ganondorf is obviously the reincarnation of Demise's hatred, or is related to Demise in some way. There's nobody else Demise could be talking about in his curse. Nintendo obviosly meant a connection there. Also, he looks very similar to Ganondorf. They're even fought in a similar way. They both have similar goals. I highly doubt these are all coincidences, and if Nintendo meant it some other way, they wouldn't have made all these connections.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
What I loved about demise was his appearance. The fact that he appears different to every person who sees him makes him reminiscent of a fallen god...The foreshadowing to Ganondorf was brilliant, because Demise looks like a more twisted and bulky Gerudo! The fact that he appears this way to Link whom would forge a long rivalry with Ganondorf in the future, creates an amazing feeling for the player to go back and play all the games that have Demise spawn his hatred.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
No, I do not think Ganondorf is a descendant of Demise. As already mentioned, his dialogue points at an "incarnation of his hatred", which could be taken several ways depending on how you look at it. I find it interesting how Wolf Sage considered him a representation of the world's end in a previous post in this thread, that really makes Demise sound like an interesting character to me because him being the looming threat you hear about through the whole game (and possibly the whole series, if you allow me to extend it to that) makes him more than just a character in my mind.

My interpetation of his curse: based on his dialogue at the end, I don't think it points at any direct re-appearances by him anytime soon. That doesn't mean that his looming threat persona I mentioned can't have some sort of hand throughout the rest of the series. Maybe I'm taking it too far if I say that Demise fuels the motives behing the actions of the other villains in the series, but I'm certain that while Demise isn't the full reason Ganondorf looked for the Triforce, I think he was probably what took him away from any possible redemption. Ganondorf already had several motives of his own, as Wind Waker's pre-final battle cutscene revealed (I'll put it here just in case):

Ganondorf said:
My country lay within a vast desert.

When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes.

No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death.

But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin.

I coveted that wind, I suppose.

I say that Demise's hatred wasn't the driving force, but combined with those already present factors I get that he was probably the catalyst that finally made Ganondorf go on his power crazy rampages and made his motives all the more significative in his own eyes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom