• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think Collecting Tears in the Siren World Will Be As Tedious As It Was in TP?

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Skyward Sword Siren World VS. Twilight Tears

Many of you might have seen the video posted here on ZD showing new clips from Skyward Sword. What most people noticed in the video is the Siren World, on this E3 trailer link goes into a place known as the Siren World. Before I continue I would like to go to the tears quest in Twilight Princess. It was said to be the most boring quest in of Zelda History. All it was wander around as a wolf to find bugs and kill them to get tears to go into your vessel of light. Now for all who have played this game you will know the vessel is shown as a vine with what seems like berries hanging from it. Back to SS, in the E3 video Link is found collecting a green ball that looks just like a tear but green. After he collects this thing a green ball is added to an object on the side of the screen that is a vine just like in TP. At first I was outraged but then I had an odd theory which want to share. In the E3 Trailer of the siren world as link is collecting these thing he must swing from vines climb up trees and more to get these tears. This could be a good improvement from TP where you to just walk to a patch of grass and collect the tear. If this new Siren World could make it fun and challenging to collect these tear like things. So what do think, Skyward Sword Siren World Tears or Twilight Princess Tears?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There's already a thread somewhat similar to this one: Thread :D

But I really do think that Siren World tears > TP Tears, just in my opinion.

Y

yodagizmo

Nintendo is wary of their past mistakes; I believe that it will be varied enough as to not become tedious.

Agreed. I hated collecting Tears of Light in TP, especially in the Lanayru province. >.< I'm hoping the Siren world has more content and more to do than the Twilight. I'm also looking forward to seeing what's in store for it and the story behind it. o_O Hmm..

WhiteRundas

Ice Hunter
I think that the combination of PH/ST and TP will make collecting tears far more interesting and (maybe) less annoying. The tear collecting in TP was so tedious because it was easy, somewhat uncreative and repetitive.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
I really think they have an opportunity to get it right this time.

Nintendo has a culture of looking back at its previous ideas and figuring out how to do them right and do them justice.

Stealth is an excellent pacing strategy for a combat and puzzle driven game. It worked great in Ocarina of Time but was perhaps overdone in PH (not as much in ST).

Collectathons are a common gameplay mechanic in the medium of gaming. They are not inherently bad, and when done well, they can be immensely rewarding not to mention challenging.

Skyward Sword promises to have an innovative control interface as well as a much more agile Link. He can sprint, roll, jump up walls, swing on ropes, dash up vines. This could be a very fun segment of the game that could provide a new experience every time you play it.

Nintendo has returned to ideas that it didn't implement perfectly before to great effect. Think the iron boots in OoT vs. iron boots in TP, think dynamic swordplay in AoL vs. dynamic swordplay in Skyward Sword. There are many more that I can't think of at the top of my head.

Point is, they learn from their mistakes and try again until they get it right and add it to their repertoire of tricks. Nintendo difference right there!

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Whether or not it will be long and boring, is still something that is unknown. However, based off of what we know about the Siren World, it will be quite a bit different than the Twilight Realm in terms of collecting Tears. In TP, there were Twilight Beasts, you killed the insects for Tears, upon which, once all were collected, Light was restored tot he province.
In SS, there are Guardians who can kill you in one hit, so un like in TP, were you could just ignore most enemies if you really wanted to, you really have to be on the lookout now. Now, I'm not sure if we know how we colect these Tears. Will they just be there on the ground, or do we have to kill something again. Also, colelcting the Tears in SS helps stun the Guardians, so you can get a little more time to...do whatever it is you have to do in the Siren World (Do we know what the actual purpose of the Siren World is yet?)
Just based off this, we can tell that it's going to be different. Perhaps not drastically, btu different nonetheless. And again, there's a lot of stuff we don't know about this quest, so it could end being even further removed from the quest we witnessed in TP.

Each "tear" this time reportedly summons a bad-*** Guardian that can take you out with one blow, and you can't rely on your precious sword. Add this with a "possible" time-limit, and you've got one heck of a task on your hands. (Though I'm sure I'm just reiterating what someone already stated :dry:) If that isn't enough, I guess it's more than true what they say about us Zelda fans: We can NEVER be satisfied...:shake:

Last edited by a moderator:

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
As everyone else says, I think too that it won't be as tedious as TP's collection of tears of light. In the Siren World, there is actually a motivation and a danger in the world that will want you to get the heck out of there and avoid the freakin Guardians. In TP, there was practically nothing stopping you from getting the tears. You could take as long and easy as you want. In my opinion, SS's SW seems more fun hence avoiding the Guardians.

So in short, to me, it doesn't seem tedious as TP.

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
i didn't find it tedious in TP, but it could get a little boring after a while. I bet that they will make it a lot more fun and puzzling collecting tears in SS. and there might not be as many tears to collect in each siren area. I can''t wait to learn more about the game and the siren world specifically. :)

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Collecting Items or Requirements are always tedious.

But it can be fun and exciting. The tears back in TP wasn't even tedious, it was rather fun trying to find them. Maybe people who can't find them on their first try may go explode with impatience, but treat it as a Hide and Seek Game and it will be fun. I think collecting items have been a form of game in all game systems, like in Pokemon when you get 8 badges, or in Kirby when you make Dragoon, or in TP when making the Mirror of Twilight. All what we are doing in Zelda is gathering the pieces together to reactivate some sort of power or to access an area where the main boss or villain dwells.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Judging by what little footage we've seen of the Siren World, I seriously doubt that it will be like Twilight Princess. In Twilight Princess, you were in a dreary and depressing enviroment, and you had little motivation to collect the tears, besides of course getting you out of the depressing Twilight. In the Siren World, I think both of these factors have been addresed. One, the visuals, and the blue hue are very calming as well as the music, if you payed close attention, it was the forest from E3 2010's demo's music, only at a slower pace, and with little chimes instead of wind and sting instruments.

So the atmosphere in vastly different, instead of a deppresing and tedious world were forced in, we get a soothing, and calm place we can decide to enter (though I bet you anything it is required to progress.) Then we add the Guardians, the super powerful, well guradians, which roam the Siren World and will kill you in one hit. I think these guys will add some stress to the atmosphere, and motivation to collect all the tears and get out, which is a lot more than we ever had in the dreary, depressing Twilight Realm.

I think I've made my case....

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I didn't know this was returning to Skyward Sword. Where do you guys get all this info o_O

We sit in front of our computer all day and search every nook and crany of the internet for new info, or is that just me?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom