• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think Collecting Tears in the Siren World Will Be As Tedious As It Was in TP?

C

coolperson135

I sure hope not. The tear collecting in TP always turns me off from replaying it.

IHNo

The Other Side
Well with Guardians running around trying to destroy Link, it seems like it would be pretty tedious. However, what ruined the tear collecting sections in TP for me was: 1. It was very repetitive, and 2. it was extremely boring, since I felt no sense of urgency whatsoever to collect them. I'm just hoping that there'll be more motivation (like Guardians trying to kill you) in SS.

E

Eddard

I don't think so because all you have to do is collect them, you don't have to kill bugs for them to appear. Also there was no challenge, SS tear collection seems like it could be difficult.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
From what was confirmed about the Siren world and collecting the tears it sounds funner because we have to not get caught by the guardians and the tears are easier to find and get since what Eddard said we won't have to destroy any bugs and the tears have a blue light shooting to the Sky so we could just easily see that to see where they are (plus stay as Link and won't turn into anything.)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It could possibly be as tedious as in TP, but at least we don't have to use senses to find bugs! :D
I'm hoping that the guardians will give us more of a desperation mode, example being if we get caught three times in a row, we get a game over or something. I don't know how to describe what I'm thinking lol

Twilight Princess appears to have put it in there to give the player a reason to use the wolf. I didn't mind it much, at first. :shake:

never know that dont realy care how boring it was on my first playing though it but i think ss will be a mix between tp and st avoid the gaurdians/phantom

Infernape

WASABI! (" L,")
I think nintendo will put a differant spin on it this time around. I kinda thought that they took out that part from SS. oh well it'll probably be fun. I hope . . . . . :)

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I didn't think the TP light tear collection was tedious, in fact I thought it was a bit fun. Remember: With Tear collection, you had to be Wolf Link, and you couldn't do anything as regular Link unless you got all the tears of light. That was encouragement enough to get it done. In SS, with Guardians acting like Phantoms, where they can't be killed and are uber strong, I think that it's going to be more like ST tear collection. You need to avoid the Phantoms/Guardians and get all the tears of light. Except in SS, the tears give you access to the regular world instead of the power to control a phantom.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
God I hope not..
It was so depressing in the Twilight world that I got a headache everytime..
The sounds, music, colors and then there are the tears.. RAAAWR!! :mad:

It wasn't terrible the first two times but after 7 playthroughs through the game it drives you crazy.. :(

G

Goroff

I think it will be more like in spirit tracks where you have to be stealthy and avoid the phantoms, which i enjoyed much more then the collection in TP, which was fun the first time..............but got really boring, REALLY fast

AgentPerry

Hoo hoo hoo!
The tear collecting was VERY annoying in Twilight Princess. I hated that part so much. I hope that it won't be that tedious in Skyward Sword.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I also hope it is not tedious. I'm worried that it may be though. I found that playing as wolf link trying to collect the tears of light was extremely tedious especially as it is required to be done 3 times and is just basically doing the same thing over and over again. My biggest problem with these tear collection quests was that they were neither challenging or intellectually stimulating at all It was just a case of look at your map to find where the tear is, go there kill a bug(easy peasy), get a tear, see the the next tear on your map, kill another bug, get another tear. I have completed this game 6 or 7 times now. Tear collecting along with that dreadful quest where you must look under owl statues for sky symbols are the parts which get more and more tedious every time I play it through.

Now, the siren realm areas I believe will be accessible in every major area in the game, which could be alot. Twilight princess had about 9 different dungeons and if skyward sword really is to be a bigger game then there could be 9+ dungeons in that and also 9+ siren realm areas. That is what Nintendo possibly meant by there will be backtracking in Skyward Sword. They also said this would not be in a tedious sense. Well perhaps if the siren realm areas were what they were on about perhaps they will not be as tedious as I am worried they might be.

I'm hoping that the guardians will give us more of a desperation mode, example being if we get caught three times in a row, we get a game over or something.
I think the guardians kill you in one hit, so if you get caught once then you will die

I also hope it is not tedious. I'm worried that it may be though. I found that playing as wolf link trying to collect the tears of light was extremely tedious especially as it is required to be done 3 times and is just basically doing the same thing over and over again. My biggest problem with these tear collection quests was that they were neither challenging or intellectually stimulating at all It was just a case of look at your map to find where the tear is, go there kill a bug(easy peasy), get a tear, see the the next tear on your map, kill another bug, get another tear.
Now, the siren realm areas I believe will be accessible in every major area in the game which could be alot. Twilight princess had about 9 different dungeons and if skyward sword really is to be a bigger game then there could be 9+ dungeons in that and also 9+ siren realm areas. That is what Nintendo possibly meant by there will be backtracking in Skyward Sword. They also said this would not be in a tedious sense. Well perhaps if the siren realm areas were what they were on about perhaps they will not be as tedious as I am worried they might be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom