• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think AoL Is the End?What Happens Next?

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
So,after Link defeats Shadow Link,wakes Zelda Up and Ganon's still dead.....so if Link dies by natural means,and Ganon's minions cannot get his blood,does this mean that AoL is at the end? If so,what could possibly happen next?The only way I see the Saga continuing is Link being Murdered by A Moblin or something and being used to resurrect Ganon,but there would be no Link and 2 Zelda's(The "original" Zelda and the one from LoZ)! HELP ME!

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Rather than thinking of it as the end of the timeline, it's better to think that it is currently at the end of a leg of the timeline, near as we know. I mean many elements still exist, to say nothing else. Like there's still a Triforce (which, if LttP is to be believed, only holds up the wish so long as the bearer is alive), there's still a Princess, and there's still Link. Ganon may be having some trouble being alive, too, but the wording of the resurrection is pretty vague. They need the hero's blood, but there doesn't seem to be a time limit, so even if Link did die of natural causes, wouldn't that make it easier for Ganon's minions to gather some?

Whether or not the line will get continued remains to be seen, but if ever Nintendo chose to do so, the wonder of vague wording in the NES games, and the ease at which details can be forgotten for convenience, would leave that path open.

This all, of course, depending on where you place the classic games in your personal timeline. ;)

Djinn

and Tonic
It seems to me that Nintendo is mostly ignoring that ens of the series since the NES games were so long ago and not fresh in the public memory. It would not make much sense to make a direct sequel to a game that came out more than twenty years ago. Most fans would not have played it and some would never have heard of it so interest in the game would be at an extreme low. Except maybe the die hard fans but there are never enough of them to make up a reasonable share in the market. Most recent games have been placed directly around their most popular and much more recent game OoT. Most fans have played or at least heard of OoT so they still have that strong reference point when viewing a sequel to the series. So most sequels will come just after or just before this game due to its popularity and familiarity.

Even if AoL is the end of Ganondorf/Ganon's place in that specific point in the timeline then that does not mean we cannot have another villain take up his place as the final boss of a future game. Wind Waker was an effective end to Ganondorf as well and there were still two more games immediately after that still had their own independent plots. The presence of Ganondorf does not automatically make it a Zelda game. So if another game does take place after AoL I do not see why we cannot see some other enterprising villain want to take the triforce for himself. It is a very tempting item for any would be conqueror to want.

Fiveoclock

Error 404- Life not found
Well, Hyrule was pretty much destroyed, there is no more Ganon, and there is no form of currency...Yeah, if there will be a game afterwards, there won't be much left. And, like Djinn said, there would have to be some other villain since Ganon's forces were destroyed. It would be interesting, but I think a game in some other timeline spot would be able to have a better plot and story, because there's really not much to work with there.

Note that TAoL's story doesn't specify that Link must be dead, it just requires his blood.

There could be either a direct sequel to TAoL with the same Link and two Zeldas (unlikely) or one a few hundred years later where Ganon's minions are at it again and successfully resurrect the demon king with some of that Link's blood and the game has you needing to defeat him. Perhaps it is Zelda who saves Link from Ganon this time. :P

The point is: yes, TAoL is the current "end" of one side of the timeline, but I can easily see Nintendo someday placing a game after TAoL.

I put OoX/LA after AoL, not only do they both have that common theme of resurrecting Ganon, but at the end of Aol, the complete Triforce is recovered and presumably kept at Hyrule Castle, where it is at the beginning of OoX.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Of course AoL isn't the end. Why in the world according to the "official, unofficial" timeline would AoL be the last of Link's adventure. For cyring out loud, it was the 2nd Zelda game made and we're supposed to believe that's it's the last of the timeline, give me a break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom