• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think Alttp AOL and LOZ Go on the Adult Timeline? I Do, Here is My Evidence

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
''Miyamoto gave another interview a year later that seemed to confirm the game's placement after Ocarina of Time, although this time it is said to be before the original Legend of Zelda and its sequel.[14]
The title's placement after Ocarina of Time is supported by Satoru Takizawa, the Character Designer of Ocarina of Time. Takizawa would confirm the theory that Ocarina of Time's plot is the enactment of the Imprisoning War,[15] an event that takes place prior to the events of A Link to the Past.''
This was from Zelda wiki, Alttp is the prequel to LOZ and AOL, so they must be all on the same side of the timeline. This statement from Takizawa is rather old though, timeline placements are not permanent as the official timeline is not set in stone. Many people myself included(until recently) thought Alttp and its chronological sequels would go on the child timeline. Now the reason why I now place all three games on the Adult timeline is as follows:

View_of_Hyrule_From_Atop_Ganon's_Tower.jpg

As you can see, here is Hyrule castle from atop Ganons tower. Surrounded by water, little signs of any civilisation or structure other than the castle and Ganons tower. Hyrule castle is on top of an island. There is another game that depicts a castle castle in this way. AOL. My theory is the great palace was taken over and destroyed by Ganon and the island one became Hyrule castle.

aol map.jpg

This version of Hyrule looks very similar to the one you see in the Wind waker. Also the map has the names of the sages from OOT, so it must take place after they became sages. In the child timeline the sages were white robed floaty faced men and one was killed. So there is no reason for these places to have been named after those characters unless they actually became sages.

In ALTTP the 7 maidens were changed to 7 sages in the more recent release and included Zelda. The reason for this was to make it a sequel to OOT which is the game depicting the imprisoning war. In TP there were only 6 sages. Zelda never awakened as a sage.

Now just by placing ALTTP in the adult timeline the other two must follow. What do you think? Do you have a counterargument for me or do you agree mostly with what I have said?

The similiarities bewteen the castles are interesting. Nevertheless, at the end of Wind Waker, Hyrule gets flooded by water once again (and this time it is all the water that was held back by the "bubble"). So, if your theory is true, then Hyrule must have remained its geographical features after the second flooding and returned to the surface some time after WW, two things which I doubt is the case. Another minir point is that the castle in AoL is called "North Palace" and not "Hyrule Castle", but the name of a castle can be changed.

Your argument is interesting, but I would not say that it is conclusive on the matter.

/Blue Window

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Adding onto Blue Window's statements, there's one piece of evidence that strongly goes against ALttP going on the Adult Timeline. The backstory of The Wind Waker states that the Hero of Time did not return to stop Ganon. That's because Link went back to his own time at the end of Ocarina of Time. A descendant of Link was not there due to this. Because of that, ALttP Link would be around on the AT.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Adding onto Blue Window's statements, there's one piece of evidence that strongly goes against ALttP going on the Adult Timeline. The backstory of The Wind Waker states that the Hero of Time did not return to stop Ganon. That's because Link went back to his own time at the end of Ocarina of Time. A descendant of Link was not there due to this. Because of that, ALttP Link would be around on the AT.

But, I just read this on Zelda wiki http://www.zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda_(Game)

This is part of what it said for story
"A long, long time ago the World was in an age of Chaos.
"In the midst of this chaos, in a little kingdom in the land of Hyrule, a legend was being handed down from generation to generation, the legend of the 'Triforce'; golden triangles possessing mystical powers. One day, an evil army attacked this peaceful little kingdom and stole the Triforce of Power. This army was led by Ganon, the powerful Prince of Darkness who sought to plunge the World into fear and darkness under his rule. Fearing his wicked rule, Zelda, the princess of this kingdom, split up the Triforce of Wisdom into eight fragments and hid them throughout the realm to save the last remaining Triforce from the clutches of the evil Ganon. At the same time, she commanded her most trustworthy nursemaid, Impa, to secretly escape into the land and go find a man with enough courage to destroy the evil Ganon. Upon hearing this, Ganon grew angry, imprisoned the princess, and sent out a party in search of Impa.''

If you read it, it said Ganon stole the Triforce of power. On the child timeline he did not steal it, and therefore LOZ can't be on that timeline. ALTTP is a prequel and must therefore be on the same timeline. Making it impossible for Loz Alttp and AOL to be on anything other than the Adult timeline.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
But, I just read this on Zelda wiki http://www.zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda_(Game)

This is part of what it said for story
"A long, long time ago the World was in an age of Chaos.
"In the midst of this chaos, in a little kingdom in the land of Hyrule, a legend was being handed down from generation to generation, the legend of the 'Triforce'; golden triangles possessing mystical powers. One day, an evil army attacked this peaceful little kingdom and stole the Triforce of Power. This army was led by Ganon, the powerful Prince of Darkness who sought to plunge the World into fear and darkness under his rule. Fearing his wicked rule, Zelda, the princess of this kingdom, split up the Triforce of Wisdom into eight fragments and hid them throughout the realm to save the last remaining Triforce from the clutches of the evil Ganon. At the same time, she commanded her most trustworthy nursemaid, Impa, to secretly escape into the land and go find a man with enough courage to destroy the evil Ganon. Upon hearing this, Ganon grew angry, imprisoned the princess, and sent out a party in search of Impa.''

If you read it, it said Ganon stole the Triforce of power. On the child timeline he did not steal it, and therefore LOZ can't be on that timeline. ALTTP is a prequel and must therefore be on the same timeline. Making it impossible for Loz Alttp and AOL to be on anything other than the Adult timeline.

LoZ takes place long after OoT. It's also after ALttP, which had the Triforce whole at the end of the game. Therefore it makes perfect sense for him to have "stolen the Triforce of Power" and not interfere with anything involving WW.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
LoZ takes place long after OoT. It's also after ALttP, which had the Triforce whole at the end of the game. Therefore it makes perfect sense for him to have "stolen the Triforce of Power" and not interfere with anything involving WW.

I dont get what you meant by the last bit you said 'and not interfere with anything involving WW.' but after TP Ganon would have been revived by Twinrova and OOX would have taken place. In the original script for TP, Ganondorf when dying says something like. 'the history of light and shadow will be written in blood! What I started will be continued by those in my bloodline' Twinrova share his bloodline as they are both Gerudo, and in OOX they do continue his work.

To Ganonking

The text you quoted is the LoZ back story. Ganon stole the ToP before LoZ. This only requires the full Triforce to be in the hands of the Royal Family some time before LoZ (or, techincally, before the AoL back story). AlttP and OoX would be good candidates as prequel to LoZ/AoL, since they allow the condition to be fulfilled. On the other hand, the Triforce flies away at the end of Wind Waker which makes it seem more likely that LoZ/AoL take place on the CT.

/Blue Window

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
'' However, Miyamoto said in a later interview that the original order was correct, saying that Ocarina of Time led into A Link to the Past, which in turn led into The Legend of Zelda.[4]''
Zelda wiki says this.

ALTTP is the prequel to LOZ, I agree with you there. But the backstory in LOZ just describes OOT. in ALTTP everything was wished away that Ganon did. The only way they can describe OOT is if the events actually happened and they only happen on the adult timeline, this places ALTTP LOZ AOL all on the adult side as well as Links Adventure which takes place after the events of Alttp. Throughout the events of LOZ and AOL, Hyrule would have been under constant assault from Ganons minions, his vanquishment in LOZ actually did not fix anything because all his Moblins still followed him and very soon after LOZ the problems would have started up again. The houses would have been burning just like in WW's intro, it would have been pretty constant. Ganon would have been revived somehow after AOL, the gods would have had no choice but to flood Hyrule. Then WW would happen.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I dont get what you meant by the last bit you said 'and not interfere with anything involving WW.' but after TP Ganon would have been revived by Twinrova and OOX would have taken place. In the original script for TP, Ganondorf when dying says something like. 'the history of light and shadow will be written in blood! What I started will be continued by those in my bloodline' Twinrova share his bloodline as they are both Gerudo, and in OOX they do continue his work.
funny thing... I wonder if they removed that because they decided at that point to have a new villain from before Ganondorf say it? i.e. Demise

ALTTP is the prequel to LOZ, I agree with you there. But the backstory in LOZ just describes OOT.
backstory in LttP you mean? LoZ's backstory takes place immediately before the game.

The only way they can describe OOT is if the events actually happened and they only happen on the adult timeline, this places ALTTP LOZ AOL all on the adult side as well as Links Adventure which takes place after the events of Alttp. Throughout the events of LOZ and AOL, Hyrule would have been under constant assault from Ganons minions, his vanquishment in LOZ actually did not fix anything because all his Moblins still followed him and very soon after LOZ the problems would have started up again. The houses would have been burning just like in WW's intro, it would have been pretty constant. Ganon would have been revived somehow after AOL, the gods would have had no choice but to flood Hyrule. Then WW would happen.
Consider Triforce continuity. Ganondorf is sealed in the SR in OoT with the ToP, and the ToC is broken into eight pieces and scattered around Hyrule. At the beginning of LttP, the Triforce is in the SR. At the end of AoL, the Royal Family is in possession of the entire Triforce. Then WW comes, and Ganondorf still has the ToP that he was sealed away with in OoT, and the ToC is still scattered around the bottom of the sea.

To Ganonking

The LoZ back story describes the events that happens just before the game: Ganon steals the Triforce of Power and Zelda splits the Triforce of Wisdom into eight pieces. (AoL later tells us that the Triforce of Courage lied hidden all that time.) Why would LoZ describe a game released over a decade later, a game which was inspired by AlttP's back story?

If I understand you right, you suggest this order: OoT(AT)---AlttP---LoZ/AoL---WW?

What about Ganondorf? He is sealed in the Sacred Realm after OoT, and his new reappearance leads to the Flood. In this timeline Ganon dies two times and remains dead before WW.
The Triforce of Courage was split into eight pieces when OoT Link left the timeline, whereas the Triforce is complete in AlttP and in the AoL back story.
I can unfortunately not see how this timeline can work, but I hope you have more arguments!

/Blue Window

Ganon dies in ALttP and LoZ and the full Triforce is united with Link at the end of ALttP and AoL.

If Ganon then died and the full Triforce was united with Link, how is Ganon still sealed in the SR with the ToP prior to TWW? Doesn't make sense.

Bottom line, ALttP/LoZ/AoL does not take place between OoT(AT) and TWW.

Before TWW, everyone thought the sealing of Ganondorf in OoT was the seal war in ALttP's back story but when TWW came about, it's back story changed that and fully contradicts those 3 games being placed between them.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
If I understand you right, you suggest this order: OoT(AT)---AlttP---LoZ/AoL---WW?

What about Ganondorf? He is sealed in the Sacred Realm after OoT, and his new reappearance leads to the Flood. In this timeline Ganon dies two times and remains dead before WW.
The Triforce of Courage was split into eight pieces when OoT Link left the timeline, whereas the Triforce is complete in AlttP and in the AoL back story.
I can unfortunately not see how this timeline can work, but I hope you have more arguments!

OOT link left the AT with the TOC, so how it even exists in the AT is beyond me, but Ganon would of course get his hands on the entire thing somehow in between OOT and ALTTP. Then LOZ and AOL would take place, the events in which are depicted in the WW backstory, by Ganons eyes in the fire Villages burning. My theory also requires another game for Ganons revival before WW. That is when the king will have to split the triforce of courage so Ganon can't get it. The gods will have to be called somehow to initiate the flood, because as we know from SS, the ultimate power is only for men to wield because the Gods wanted to give them hope. So I don't think they could actually help out on their own, or else they would have just stopped demise of their own free will in the past and present. The legend in the WW backstory is just a legend, it will not accurately describe events or else it would have depicted link as an adult and Ganondorf as a man. Also a 'hero did not appear' does not mean there was no link, it just means that the people were either unaware of his deeds or thought he failed because the land flooded. Ganondorf's power was sealed in WW by the master sword. Only link can even use it so it requires him to do the actual sealing of power. And that is why there can be a game that is a prequel to WW.

To Ganonking

There could have been a hero during the flood, a hero that was unable to stop Ganondorf. That is correct

The problem remains that the Triforce of Courage remained split up until WW Link reassembled it, which means that there can't be any Triforce games in-between OoT and WW.

That sacred piece is known as the Triforce of Courage. When the Hero of Time was called to embark on another journey and left the land of Hyrule, he was separated from the elements that made him a hero. It is said that at that time, the Triforce of Courage was split into eight shards and hidden throughout the land.

The King of Red Lions is not sure on the accuracy of the legend, however, it shows out that it is true when Link reassembles the ToC.

We know that WW Ganondorf is OoT Ganondorf:

After his defeat at the hands of the Hero of Time, Ganondorf was sealed away...but not for all time. He was revived, and he returned to Hyrule in a red wrath. He attacked this temple and stole my soul, knowing that he had to remove the power contained in that enchanted blade. In order to return the power to repel evil to your sword, you must find another to take my stead in this temple and ask the gods for their assistance.

In brief: As of today, there can't be any game in-between OoT and WW featuring Ganondorf and the Triforce.

/Blue Window

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
OOT link left the AT with the TOC, so how it even exists in the AT is beyond me
(see Blue Window's post above) The AT ToC was split, and when he returns to the CT, he either directly inherits the CT ToC, or is left with the mark (which, as AoL stated and OoX and SS confirm, doesn't mean that he actually has the ToC). What exactly happens on the CT is irrelevant to this discussion though - just know that when he left the AT, the ToC was split, as the KoRL explains.

Ganon would of course get his hands on the entire thing somehow in between OOT and ALTTP. Then LOZ and AOL would take place, the events in which are depicted in the WW backstory, by Ganons eyes in the fire Villages burning. My theory also requires another game for Ganons revival before WW. That is when the king will have to split the triforce of courage so Ganon can't get it. The gods will have to be called somehow to initiate the flood, because as we know from SS, the ultimate power is only for men to wield because the Gods wanted to give them hope. So I don't think they could actually help out on their own, or else they would have just stopped demise of their own free will in the past and present. The legend in the WW backstory is just a legend, it will not accurately describe events or else it would have depicted link as an adult and Ganondorf as a man. Also a 'hero did not appear' does not mean there was no link, it just means that the people were either unaware of his deeds or thought he failed because the land flooded. Ganondorf's power was sealed in WW by the master sword. Only link can even use it so it requires him to do the actual sealing of power. And that is why there can be a game that is a prequel to WW.
g09ut.png

I've bolded the offending words or phrases that make it clear that you're inventing evidence to support your theory, rather than constructing your theory from evidence as it should be. I don't care what could have happened or what would have to happen in order for the theory to be true. I see contrary evidence (mainly WW's backstory, as discussed), so I am led to abandon the theory.

It makes sense considering the time it happens and how much more serious they are. However it is still undefined considering that more zelda comes may come clearing this up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom