• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Do You Think a Majora's Mask Remake Is on the Way?

Do you think a Majora's Mask remake is on the way?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Lol you go on about fanboys crying for a MM remake and then I look t your picture. Oh ok there captain troll. There will be a MM remake in 3D. The mask in the wall is in 3D. Majoras mask in 3D. Its not hard or out of place seeing as what they did for ocarina of time. Expect it.

HAHAHAHAHA! NOT TROLLING BRO.

I love MM, but I don't love it to see it get remade. I just hate how people are F*CKING COMPLAINING ABOUT IT AND WON'T STOP! Why doesn't Nintendo just remake it already to shut the fans up for a while until they start complaining for ALttP remake a few weeks later.

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
Remake? No, I don't think Nintendo will make a remake of MM before they make a 3D version like they did with OoT. Then again, WWHD was a hit with all of the kids nowadays (Kind of funny to hear about people who this is their first Zelda game, but I guess times are a-changing), and Nintendo might see MM as an opportunity to rake it in while still making an aesthetically pleasing game (By this, I mean some fixes to the graphics like those done for OoT3D).

I think it will be made...... eventually. I wouldn't have guessed that Link to the Past would ever get a sequel and yet Link Between Worlds exists so anythings possible.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Just look at the ALBW easter egg, the odd Aonuma interview, and the Skullkid in SSB4. They are either making it, or they totally hate their own fans.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
My main reason for not thinking it's on the way is that if Nintendo really was dropping hints in favor of it, that would mean they had decided to do it...and if they have already decided to do it...well...why the hell aren't they saying so? Why not hype this remake up, so more people will buy it?

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Yes I believe they will. I'm fairly sure, (and you can correct me if I'm way wrong) that Majora's Mask is as, if not much more, popular then Wind Waker. Yet they made a remake of Wind Waker for the Wii U. That coupled with some of the aforementioned posts in particular ihateghirahim's post, make me believe that a remake is inevitable. I'm all for it personally. I think it's a game every Zelda Fan should play. Speaking of which...

I think Nintendo will do it. I can't really say when, though. :3 As someone else pointed out, they have been dropping hints like the mask present in ALBW...also, there was a fan petition I saw one day...

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'm un-sure really. OoT3D makes it at least plausible, but, there's many remakes you'd think would be a pretty easy buck for the developer, and that fans would love if they could do it, that don't get made. I mean, Final Fantasy 7 is a prime example, how long people have been asking for that and Square's pretty much said no. For good reasons, but, still.

I think one day, yeah, they will release it. But if you'd asked me prior to OoT if even it or MM would get a remake I'd have said no.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
With all the subtle hints Nintendo has given lately, I think there's a fair chance that MM will be remade in at least some form. I'm against remakes in general, especially for games that don't need fixing, but I have a slight change of opinion for this. After giving it a lot of thought, I realized that I would actually love to be able to play MM while driving or in bed or at school or something. And seeing that glorious game in 3D would be awesome!

Nintendo has definitely been teasing us, but they do that a lot. To be completely honest, I am not overly sure what to expect from them anymore since they say a lot of stuff... For example, look at what they said about the "big surprise" in ALBW. I think it's clear that what they were referring to was Ravio, but I'm sure I am not alone in saying that I saw that coming. The game didn't really have any "big surprise", so I don't know how much out of Nintendo we can trust. Fingers crossed though!

Fig

The Altruist
At first I thought it is quite possible for a Majora's Mask remake, but on December 5th, I read this article similar to the current situation of fans wanting a Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remake, Majora's Mask may not have one for a long time. Though Operation: Moonfall was huge and blew up the internet for a time, when you really look at it, the fanbase for Majora's is very minuscule compared Ocarina of Time. I know there is going to be a lot of backlash, but it is truly saddening my heart that even with all the hype and dedication the project had, it still didn't have enough support the cause. :(
Reality Check: Operation: Moonfall Proved Majora's Mask isn't Popular

Stitch

AKA Patrick
At first I thought it is quite possible for a Majora's Mask remake, but on December 5th, I read this article similar to the current situation of fans wanting a Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remake, Majora's Mask may not have one for a long time. Though Operation: Moonfall was huge and blew up the internet for a time, when you really look at it, the fanbase for Majora's is very minuscule compared Ocarina of Time. I know there is going to be a lot of backlash, but it is truly saddening my heart that even with all the hype and dedication the project had, it still didn't have enough support the cause. :(
Reality Check: Operation: Moonfall Proved Majora's Mask isn't Popular

This is a flawed way of thinking though: the fanbase for it now is small, so only a small number of people will buy it. You're missing the fact that it is still a Zelda game, one released at the last stretch of a console's life and that not many people even realized came out. That petition was never meant to show that nearly all Zelda fans thought that it should happen, just that there was at least a fanbase that would support it. With how well ALBW and OOT3D were received and how well they sold, Zelda on the 3/2DS is a very viable opportunity for Nintendo and since this year probably isn't going to bring us a main series game it would be the perfect time for them to cash in on a market of people who have played these prior two 3/2DS games, especially with the fact that they've already included/are including things from MM in other games people will be able to recognize these things and will become interested when they see them on advertisements and the cover. I just wouldn't see any reason why Nintendo wouldn't release it within the next year or two.

In all honestly I'm anticipating an announcement this year, though I don't think we will be able to play it till next year. I like to keep my hopes up because it will remain a possibility until Nintendo says otherwise. The fact that Eiji Aonuma is teasing us suggests that there is some interest in remaking Majora's Mask, otherwise they would of said no from the very beginning or at least by now.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
OoT 3DS didn't sell that well...and it's too early to count ALBW, especially since it hasn't even hit the 1m mark yet. Not to mention ALBW can't be compared to a remake.

The only ounce of hope there is for a remake is that Nintendo has a knack for ignoring the best business decisions and doing whatever they heck they want. So against all good judgement, they could make MM 3DS to appease the fans...but then again, Nintendo also has a knack for ignoring their fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom