• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you tend to prefer 2D or 3D platformers?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think I have a harder time with 3D platformers because my depth perception tends to be pretty bad with them. Especially if we're talking about a 3D game that isn't a platformer but has some platforming segments. I usually die from falling off things more than I do any other way in such games. That said, I think I'd rather play a 2D one if I was gonna play one at all.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
3D . I'll take a 3D game like Mario Galaxy over any other 2D Mario game (outside of ones I haven't tried yet like Wonder, but even then). I think 3D is usually more fun and creative. That's definitely not to say I dislike 2D platformers, some of my favorite games are 2D platformers, but generally, I like 3D more

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Neither, honestly. My favorite platformers are mostly 2D but most platformers are 2D so I don't think that's really reflective of my preferences. I will say that 2D platformer controls tend to be tighter which means the levels/challenges have smaller margins for success.

3D Platformers by far. There’s a reason why so many people prefer 3D Mario over 2D Mario, why so many people still obsess over Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie, and so on and so forth.

I think I have a harder time with 3D platformers because my depth perception tends to be pretty bad with them. Especially if we're talking about a 3D game that isn't a platformer but has some platforming segments. I usually die from falling off things more than I do any other way in such games. That said, I think I'd rather play a 2D one if I was gonna play one at all.
I understand you completely on that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom