• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Do You Tend To Investigate?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The thread title may be a little ambiguous, so I'll explain here.

So when you typically play a Zelda game do you tend to explore all more than you're forced to do? Basically just random exploring, checking areas (empty areas), looking for secrets, maybe hidden easter eggs?

I know a lot of the time I tend to this. In Dungeons I will always check every pot, treasure chest etc. I will explore most empty and pointless places in the overworld, just for the sake of exploring and trying to find some hidden things. Mostly this is just due to my ocd, but I do tend to like to investigate every nook and cranny just in case I maybe miss something, or the possibility of finding something new. So what about you guys?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I will typically check everything. In dungeons especially. I check everywhere you can check, because there is always the possibility of finding something hidden inside a pot or what not. In the overworld, it is the same way. I go every which way to look for stuff.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Mainly in dungeons, I feel completely out of whack if I don't explore every single room.

In the overworld, I do explore as well. I don't pay as much attention to secrets and details like you do, but I get distracted by open areas easily and feel I need to scope out every possible area I can before getting to my destination. ESPECIALLY in the Wind Waker. I'd just be sailing along on my way trying to get somewhere when I see a tiny speck of an island off in the distance. I'd just get so excited and I'd HAVE to explore that speck

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I check everything, especially in the dungeons. No chest can be left unopened, no pot can be left unbroken. ;) I love exploring in Zelda games.

MW7

Investigating is pretty much all that I do in Zelda games. I love to figure out what items are optional and different orders or ways of doing things. It has led me to some interesting experiences such as obtaining the Gerudo's Membership Pass before the hookshot in OoT, figuring out that the hookshot makes a sizable difference in the Snowhead Temple in MM, figuring out how to bypass four locked doors in Misery Mire to finish the dungeon with 4 keys leftover in ALttP, and finishing the Water Temple without the bow thanks to a minor glitch in OoT among other things. I definitely explore way more than the game requires in carrying out the things I like to do in Zelda games. I also never leave chests unopened or pots unbroken. Majora's Mask is my favorite game in part because you can never explore too much. There are so many easter eggs and unique conversations to find that I could play it for a very long time to come.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My first playthrough is not one of investigation, but one of completing the main story. Runs after that is when I start to investigate. I search for easter eggs, alternate routes, optional content, and more. It's too fun to pass up - but only after the first playthrough in my opinion.

Salem

SICK
Yes I investigate as much as I can, my only problem is when I make a mental note when I see something suspicions an area I want to check later cause I can't right now, I forget to do that sometimes, that's where the styles in PH and ST come in handy.;)

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Only when I've beaten the game. Exploring is fine then...but I find exploring before completion to be a huge headache. I like roaming the world, secure in the knowledge that there is no obstacle I cannot triumph over.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I do, quite a lot. I'm quite a curious person in games so I'll always explore, I think it's something we, as gamers, have been almost programmed to do. See big, random structure; obviously there's a secret there!

I find it a fun and relaxing part of gaming; whereas the main storyline features grueling dungeons and battles, and more intense things usually, just running around the world and discovering new things is a lot more peaceful and I do enjoy it. Depends on my mood.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Whenever I'm going through a game for the first time, I generally don't do much in-depth exploration. I usually focus completing the main story/quest. However, if there is a part of the game that I don't really feel like doing or I get bored, then I'll often try to find side quests or random treasures until I have absolutely nothing else to do. :P Once I beat the game once or twice, I try to explore all the things I overlooked on my first time through.

Big Octo

=^)
Yes, I do quite often. I am always under the impression that there's some cool secret to find. Due to this mentality, I will check every nook and cranny of an area or dungeon on my first playthrough. Often times, my searches will be fruitless, but other times, I might end up with a neat reward, such as a considerable amount of rupees. The potential reward is what drives me to continue the search and to not leave any stone unturned, or any pot unsmashed.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I'm not really one for getting 100%, but I do like to explore and find. It really adds depth and fun to a game when you can spend hours finding secrets, and Zelda does this well. It makes these games so cool and rich, and it adds a lot of challenge to the The Heart Pieces and secret items are a great part of the franchise, and I pray they continue to appear.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Yup, you can call me Sherlock Holmes. I used to investigate only because I needed to replenish my supplies, but I've gotten into the habit of investigating because I like looking for secrets. And let me tell you it does pay off. So investigating has become the way I play most games, all thanks to Zelda. =D

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
I really enjoy looking around the world and the dungeons to look at their designs, especially in the more recent games. They look great! I also do it for the items and Easter Eggs like everyone else. What's a Zelda game without exploration? :D

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
First time through, I do a fair bit of exploration, but I like to keep the pace of the game flowing and complete it within a reasonable amount of time (around the 50-hr mark). If I'm going along and I happen to see something off to the side I'll go check it out, but I won't spend hours scouring the overworld for slivers of secrets if I know there's a certain girl in imminent danger. Sometimes in the main quest I just run into a brick wall and need a breather, so these periods are where I get a tad bit more exploration in, but after an hour or two I get back and bulldoze my way through the obstacle.

After I beat the main game the first time through, though, I can't rest until I have scoured the lands for every single treasure and secret to be found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom