• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Talk About and Make Fun of People Behind Their Backs?

Dan

So this has been a hot topic in the news recently. (It hasn't)

So here's a cool quick question, and lets put our honest caps on. Do you ever talk about someone behind there back in a very "*****y" way. Or constantly make fun of them behind there back with others. What are your thoughts on this , do you think it's right, or do perhaps cowardly. That were YOU, yes you the users come in !
g975925_backstabber.jpg

I myself have been pretty guilty of this in the past at times, mainly because I wanted to fit in with everyone and so I would go along with the flow, I think that was both wrong and cowardly and a knock at my own independence. Nowdays I don't care what others think, it's my own opinion to form.

Using the powers of this forum you too can lay down your opinion on the whole topic at hand. So go forth and discuss !
and remember to be honest. ;)

I often talk about people behind their backs. In fact I do so nearly every day and while I'm not guilty of doing so on the forums I transfer the conversation over to Skype. I usually don't say nasty things about others, however, but rather inquire into what others think of them. I'm always curious as to others' opinions about those I know. I form a stronger bond with them when they share my sentiments. When we disagree I put it behind me as a mere reference point for the future.

While it certainly is unpleasant to converse about others behind their back, it's never a good idea to be paranoid about external perceptions of yourself. Be yourself and don't pretend to be someone you aren't in order to gain acceptance into an order. This is one of the rules I live by in life and it has served me well.

I probably have done it in the past. I try not to do it that much anymore, since people talk about me behind my back all the time. (Because apparently a guy having long hair these days is just "weird".)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I always talk about others behind their backs, sometimes using their name directly other times using "this and that person". It's wrong, immoral, unjust, and unfair. I'm of the notion that if you're gonna say something about someone, say it to their face if you can do so without getting brutally mauled (that's why I talk about my dad behind his back; his opinion is always 'right' no matter what and if you disagree, ***-whooping follows you into the night).

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I've done and still do this many times. But when it comes to making fun of people, I do it upfront, unless it's something very hurtful and I care for the person too much to hurt them. But a good joke is a good joke, so I won't let it completely die and I'll tell it behind their back. I think it's only cowardly when you actually have a problem with someone, but under certain conditions. You can have issues with people, but they don't have to know, therefore, you talk about said person but you don't want any trouble. But if this person has given you trouble and all you do is talk behind the jerk's back, then it's very cowardly. Otherwise, I see nothing wrong with a little bump and grind *cough* with talking behind someone's back to spare their feelings.

Last edited:
Heck, I'm practically mute in real life... And seeing as I don't have any friends, I don't know anyone to make fun of; let alone behind anyone's back. To be honest, I think more people talk about me behind my back than anything. lol

Same goes online. Many chats that I have been in produce topics that are very tempting, where a given person may be either absent from the chat at the time or not a part of the chat at all. Said person is often subject to being made fun of behind his/her back. A little joke about said person here and there is to be expected, but things can get nasty when someone crosses the line; this happens a lot. I usually manage to stay out of it for the most part, no matter how tempting it may seem. However, I'm usually the guy defending said person. Quite frankly, it sucks when a person is not there to defend him/herself. What's worse is when said person returns and everyone pretends to be excited to see him/her, as if nothing happened.

To the point... I may have done so at some point, sure, but not so much these days. In fact, I've actually come to hate it when people make fun of others behind their backs.

Talking behind people's back is a big issue of mine . . . I really need to stop.

Usually I'm very hypocritical and can get downright mean. I always feel incredibly guilty afterwards and sometimes shocked at the things I've said. They're usually a result of some sort of fit of rage I've had, or a problem I've had with the person. I won't deny the things I say aren't true, per say, however they're usually things I should keep quiet about. I usually will even pause in the middle of the back-stabbing and say something like "Oh that was mean wasn't it" or "I probably shouldn't have said that", however I keep on anyways x.x

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not all talk. If I have a serious problem with a person I confront them, I don't keep it behind their back, but where I'm from you gotta be careful with who exactly you get into it with . . .

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Hmm, um...I think I do unconsciously.

People piss me off on a daily bases, it's hard for me to not ever say anything about them. Most of the time I hold it in and it becomes pent up rage.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I do quite a bit, although I also end up being the person who just listens to people talking behind other people's backs quite a bit as well. And I'm pretty sure everyone talks about people when they aren't around at some point or another, whether it be about horrible referees from sports events, teachers who grade unfairly or just don't know what they are doing, or people who piss you off.
Is it right? Well I definitely would not say it is right, but I also do not believe it is always wrong. Maybe it is better to talk about people when they can't hear you, than to say to their face. That might be a question for another time.

Brodogs

Competitive TF2 Medic
I have somewhat of an issue with this, but I would not consider it significant in comparison to others. Generally I'm more guilty of just listening to it happening and not doing anything about it - though generally online I speak up about it if it is likely to cause direct harm to the person. While occasionally I speak behind other's it is not often and I consider it only to be morally wrong if it causes/is intended to cause harm. Guess that's just my system of ethics.

I will discuss something someone has done if its a topic of discussion. If they have annoyed me in some way i might say to someone that it annoyed me. Have i *****ed about them behind their backs? yeh because they have done something to cause the beehatchyness from me. Will i tell them about it? Yes as i will let them know and that i'd prefer they didnt do the thing that caused me to say stuff about them when they aren't there.

Do i make fun of people behind their backs? No as what is the point if they aren't there? :P (also its pretty cruel)

So if i dont like someone i will say so if they are there or are not there. If they have done something that has annoyed me same again. Make fun of (in a bad way) behind their backs? no. Wont stop other from doing so unless i really cba to hear it. If they provoke me to make fun of them while they are there, while i will try to avoid it doesnt mean i wont :P

Last edited:

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I don't. But I'm sure other people do about me, on here and in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom