• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you still play new games on your old systems?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I'm sure plenty of us like to revisit our old games now and then, but how often do you play games that you haven't played before on those old systems? Would you even consider getting a game for your older systems? Or do you mostly stick w/ current gen hardware or PC and maybe just hold out for older games to be ported on to those?
I'll admit doing that for me has slowed down quite a bit these days, but I wouldn't object to it if its something I wanna try.

quick note: I don't mean actual brand new games, just games you haven't played before on those systems....unless ya'll tryna get Just Dance 2020 on Wii

Mido

Version 1
Sometimes, I like to look back at games I missed in previous generations even if I don't follow up on buying the aforementioned games. The Wii U definitely has titles I didn't pick up when they were new like DKC: Tropical Freeze and Tokyo Mirage Sessions that I'd like to play at some point. Then there's that stalled effort of mine to start a serious Dreamcast collection, granted I've mostly been looking for games that I once had prior before they broke or games I played on a different console to try again on the Dreamcast. Skies of Arcadia might be the only exception to the rule. I never played it, and it could definitely serve the Dreamcast well.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I do this occassionally if it's a game I missed that has yet to be ported, and if the possibility of it being ported is slim. My most recent purchase of an old game that was new for me was Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. I didn't get this game on the Gamecube back in the day, and even if I wanted to I wouldn't have been able to buy it because it was rated M.

So yeah, I have no issue buying games I missed for old consoles if the game interests me.

@mαrkαsscoρ
I assume you mean old games that are new to you as opposed to new games made for the old consoles like:
  • Planet X2 for the Commodore 64
  • Lizard for the NES
  • Paprium for the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis
  • Unholy Knight: Darkness Hunter for the SNES
  • Princess Lydie for the Intellivision
All developed and relesed this decade - 2010's

For me? Old games that I've never played till recently?
Cave Story - On multiple platforms
Star Ocean - SNES (I have a good translation .ips that I use to play it in English)
Xenoblade Chronicles - Wii - I first bought it digitally on the WiiU and I've only really played it recently. It's the weakest fo the 3 games in my opinion but I still like it mostly.
Mario Kart 8 - WiiU - Can I say this? I never bought it on the WiiU. I didn't want it there but I bought it on Switch and I really do like it.
Commander Keen - PC - I've mostly only played 4, and Dreams before, but of recent I've really gotten into the other games in the series, ie 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6. They are all great games, though I do think 4 is the best by far.

Also your name is hard to @ quote because you use non standard characters in your username, but I worked out how to do it :)

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Considering I have only owned a console since 2011 and was borrowing my friend's Gamecube in 2010, of course cuz there are several games I have yet to try.

Depends. I tend to play on systems from the past 10 or so years a lot. I go back to my Vita, 3DS, and Wii U still but I've already moved on from the PS3, 360, Wii, DS, and PSP. My backlog is so massive that it's sometimes daunting but I try to get through it on the more recent hardware I own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom