• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch Do you still play Link's Awakening Switch from time to time?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Recently, I pulled up Link's Awakening Switch and just went ahead looking for seashells and heart pieces. Still didn't find much, but had a lot of fun just roaming around the adorable world.

I did a full playthrough earlier this year, and the game really makes for a great, short playthrough burst, being only approximately 4-5 hours long.

The game is only 1 year old at the moment, and if you ask me, even though it's a remake, it's still an awesome game to return to.

I do.

I play on my Switch rarely now because of the fear of drift but I do still like roaming around Koholint. Its a lovely and vibrant game that makes me smile, even if the art style robbed it of its original depth.

I know the world really well so it's cool to just load up and roam around and find some stuff from time to time or redo the last boss.

I quite enjoy finding long stretches of the world where I can run uninterrupted. That's always fun.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I played through it once earlier this year, and haven't gone back to it since.

That's not to say I won't, because I enjoyed the game quite a bit. But it will be a while before I want to again.

Maybe in the next year or so.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Generally speaking, I don’t replay Zelda games for quite some time after I’ve beaten them. Some of he better ones I play once maybe twice a year, while I still have never replayed the oracle games.

That being said, I still don’t feel like the time is right to replay LA, seeing as how I played through it twice in a matter of months. However, when I do I’m definitely going to be playing the remake considering this is easily the definitive version for me.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I’ll replay it when I feel a need too. I 100% completed the game am pretty satisfied with it for now. I’ll probably replay it a year or two from now.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I haven't really played it after I first beat it. I tried to do a second playthrough but I couldn't get myself to finish it. It reminded me of the things that I was glad BotW got rid of like item gating and stuff. It bothered me more than I remembered. That's not to say I don't like the game; LA is great and the switch remake is lovely and full of care. Buuuut.... It's just not the kind of game I can regularly play, I guess.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I haven't played it much since around Christmas time, if I've even played it at all since then. I was going to try 100%ing my completed file, but never got around to it. I might pick it back up one of these days, though that'll probably be after the Age of Calamity hype dies down.

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
Honestly, if I ever play Link's Awakening, it'll be Link's Awakening DX, since I can get that on the 3DS eShop for cheap. I'm not paying sixty bucks for a remake that has little to no differences between it and the versions released in the '90s.

Waffle Dee

A Waddle Dee who works at Kirby’s Café
I do still play Link’s Awakening Switch, it was my first Zelda game.

Link's Awakening is my second favorite Zelda game overall and I did quite enjoy my time with the Switch version despite initially being ambivalent towards it. While I haven't replayed it on Switch, I have gone back to the DX and classic GB versions a few times during the past months. I would love to revisit the Switch game sometime soon, though it would be a little depressing for me to do so at the moment for an admittedly arbitrary reason. It's just so cold and dreary where I live right now. Very bleak and colorless which is the complete opposite of Koholint Island. The sheer vibrancy of LA on Switch would serve to remind me of how displeased I am with where I'm living, hahaha.

Quin

Disaster Master
I went back a little while ago to do the rest of the dampe **** because i had access to the LA link amiibo, just so i could finish the file 100%, but now Im probably never touching ot again. Ill go back to LA DX whenever i feel like replaying LA again now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom