• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Stick With Your Starter?

I would keep most of the starters as long as they get two types later on.exceptions: Snivy, Squirtle, The grass Hoenn starter, and almost all water types and fire types.

:love: TheVampireSlaye

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I do to finish the game...but other than that if I didnt like it, I drop it. Im not a huge fan of Cyndaquil,Chikorita or Totodile, and since I had trained the first two before , I had to choose Totodile -__- I guess it will grow on me.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
My starter tends to be the one I drain my experience into. He is usually 20 levels above my second main ones. I use the starter as a sort of finisher or if I want to kill a gym leader faster.

blue-eyes

Phoenix
I always keep my stater, and he is always first, unless I want to capture something, as he is level 100. I traded him once so I could get data on a pokemon I needed info on, and I took him back in a few minutes, so yes, I always keep my starter.

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
So at the start of every Pokemon game you receive a starter Pokemon. This usually (for me) goes on to be one of my strongest Pokemon that I stick with for the rest of the game. But once you have an opportunity to leave it, do you? Like when you can obtain stronger Pokemon over Global Trades of Download Events or any other way. Do always stick with your starter Pokemon?
yah my starter is my strongest too because i FREAKIN LOVE IT! If i dont like it i dont choose it because i always like one of them in the pokemon games i have played

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
For the main game, yes I do. I see them as good partners for the story and they're usually helpful to me. I might ditch them afterwords depending on how well they've developed throughout the game. I never use them for online battles. I'll train another starter if I'm gonna use one.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
Sure do, especially with the first and second-generation games. Charizard and Typhlosion will always take precedence.
sunglasses.gif

I always keep my starter Pokemon. I feel a special bond towards these Pokemon as they are the first I traverse with across my regional journey. The Generation I starts hold especial significance for me. Squirtle was my first Pokemon ever and on subsequent playthrough of Blue Version I chose Charmander and Bulbusaur. What Super Mario 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time meant in importance not only for me as a younger gamer but the entire industry on the console front, Pokemon Red and Blue did for handhelds. The Gen I starters were also closer to my heart due to their especial role in the anime. While I never felt as strong an emotional connection to my starter in later generations, I continued to train it from a puny level 5 Pokemon to a mighty level 100 legend. Moreover, the starter Pokemon boast improved stats over most regular critters you can catch.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I always stick with my starter, and my starter 99% of the time never leaves my party. My starter is also, unfortunately, the one I pay the most attention to when it comes to training and leveling up.

It does make it easier, though, for leveling up the other members of my party since I can stick that nice Pidgy I caught up in front, go against the Elite Four, then swap it out for that high-leveled Typhlosion to help sort things out and give the Pidgy a huge Exp. boost.

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
Of course I stick with it! They're my friends when I enter a new Gen! Such examples are Empoleon, Emboar, Venasaur, and Typhlosion. Such BAD examples are Snivy, Feraligator (though I like Todidile), and Chimchar. Every Hoenn and Kanto starter is great to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom