• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Stick With Your Starter?

I stick with my starter pokemon until I finished the game and had beat the elite four. After that I try another pokemons from the same type the starter was.

T

TheMrShadowblaz

Yes I always keep my starter. but if it is a nuzloke it'd be a bit hard to do so

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I have never really tended to stick with my starter, or with any one Pokemon, really. I like to keep trying to raise new Pokemon, try out different things, etc. I have a tendency to switch out my team completely about every third of the way through the game. I especially dislike keeping my starter around for too long, because it feels very cliche. I feel like I'm not being creative, not taking any chances or trying to figure things out, if I stick with my starter. I imagine that over half of the people do that, and I wanted to have to think a little harder.

I feel bad every time I put my starter in the box, it's like a bond I have between it as on that particular journey it was my first Pokémon so now I stick with it right until the end.

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
I stick to my starters, always. Idk, I just don't have the heart to punt them into the PC box. I usually pick fire types;; I like having the speed and offense of fire types :) Well... besides Generation 3. I always get mudkip xD

Leaving your first pokemon should be a sin, and officer Jenny should come and arrest you on the spot. justsayin.

I do usually stick with my starter for some reason. I'm not sure why. It's not functionally beneficial. I guess there's a sentiment to a first pokemon that I like.

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
Always have and I think I will always will. Unless for some reason I already have the specific starter at level 100 there is no reason not to train it :3

I've never replace my starter Pokemon.
Even if there are Pokemon I like more of that type, I almost feel... compelled to keep it.
I can't really explain it, but I would definitely feel bad if I abandoned it in a box... :suspicious:

Due to the fact that there is at least one good-great pokemon is the evolution of one of the starters in the majority of generations, I usually keep it because ends up being one of the best available pokemon. I guess there seems to be some sort of bond formed with it too, it just feels wrong to abandon it.

There is also the fact that your starter pokemon is several levels ahead of the rest of the pokemon that you can catch early on in the game, so it's always the most powerful pokemon for you to use. The way I level also means that my starter pokemon keeps it's level advantage making it a good pokemon to fall back in a battle that isn't going so well. By the time you do get to a level where you can catch pokemon that are a higher level, since your starter isn't wild it has a massive advantage over any wild ones anyway, meaning that it is constantly a sound choice to have in your team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom