• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Stick With Your Starter?

Almost always stick with them till the end! I get attached. If it wasn't for them I would have never gotten to go out into the world beyond my home town! =O

yes since its hard to find a good pokemon to replace of that type. Especially in diamond and perl where the number of fire types is small until you complete the game.

I always keep my starter, and try to build my team around them, for example if my starter is charmander i will use that as my fire type, and look for a good water etc, so its a more even team, although sometimes I get attached to a different Pokemon more than my starter and I tend to act like it was my starter, but I still usually have my starter in my team. :)

Linknmike

Dank meme connoisseur
I always keep my starter, usually leveling them up to level 100. However, since they're usually at the front of my team, I en up with a level 49 Charizard and 5 level 25- 35's.

I usually stick with them through the whole game.
Just because I get so used to having them in my party.
I guess I get kinda attached to them. ^^

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
I normally have a party that I use for the first part of the game, and then I use another one for the remainder. Both of them always have my starter. I always try to fit my starter into every gym battle and they end up being my best pokemon. Especially in SoulSiver when I used my cyndaquil for all of the game.

Patch

Party Pooper
Yes, I do usually stick with my starter. It is -most of the time- the strongest pokemon I own in the end of the game. I usually prefer the fire type as well.

All my starters are with me until the end. I dont think I even let them out of my party. Sure there're not my favorite pokemon ever, but I'm not gonna just abandon them when I can find stronger pokemon, although its a different story when it comes to the rest of the pokemon I use. Besides, my starter ends up being my strongest one in the end.

Last edited:
Normally the starter pokemon are pretty useless. Gen II's especially. While I was playing through SoulSilver, I made eggs of Chikorita and Totodile and sent them over to SoulSilver so I could play with all three, despite them all being terrible Pokemon. I had to grind levels quite a bit for my Cyndaquil to keep up with them, as they were traded. Totodile is the most useful, making good use of its stab and stat distribution, and learning a good amount of HM moves. However, the other two are just awful. I merely stuck with them as a habit.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
A friend is someone we turn to
when our spirits need a lift.
A friend is someone we treasure
for our friendship is a gift.
A friend is someone who fills our lives
with beauty, joy, and grace.
And makes the whole world we live in
a better and happier place.
- Jean Kyler McManus -
I stick with 'em no matter what!^^

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
For me, it depends on how good that starter is. Like in Soul Silver, I went with Chikorita as my starter and finished the game with her/him(it says he was a guy) It also depends on the moves. For example, Magic Leaf never misses and can do alot of damage(an exception for status ailments) Solar Beam is pretty powerful. Aromapathy(however you spell it) is good too as well as Photosynthesis.
--
The only time I don't keep my starter is if I'm just going around because I like to switch out now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom