• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Sleep with the Television On?

Do you sleep with the TV on or off?

• Always

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

• Sometimes

• I don't have a TV in my bedroom

• Total voters
Simple question: when you go to bed, do you sleep with the TV on or off?

I leave mine on because I use it as a sort of background noise. I've also managed to make it my alarm clock (I always leave it on the same channel, and always wake up during the intro to the same show each day).

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I keep the TV off; to me leaving the TV on when it isn't in use is wasting valuable energy that *could have* gone to someone who actually needs it. Besides, no one is watching the TV at night time (we're all sleep) so why leave it on anyway?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't usually watch TV at night. There isn't usually something I like on late at night, and I'm very picky about what I watch. So, I n ever leave the TV on at night. I do leave my stereo on at night, though. I use music as a background noise while I sleep instead of television.

Only once, I fell asleep watching Sym-Bionic Titan weeks ago. And no, it wasn't because I was bored, it was like 2 in the morning.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Hmmm, not usually, no. I often stay up until around 2 AM watching whatever or playing games and then just turn it off afterwards, but sometimes I may randomly just pass out and fall asleep with it on, however that doesn't happen too often. I could fall asleep with the T.V on though, yeah, but more often than not just turn it off because I'm done using it for the night.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
If I'm really tired, I might fall asleep during a show (and the tv will stay on), but I don't leave it on by choice.

Ehhhh no I don't. But sometimes in the middle of the night my elbow turns the remote on while I'm asleep. Victor gets mad but I just don't care

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
I use to, but now I turn it off and leave my computer running for netflix/youtube. xD

The light actually bugs me, but I simply cannot sleep in dead silence. Our house creaks like crazy and my mind starts playing tricks on me usually within 5 minutes. 8D;;

Last edited:

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
YES. I'm not the only one!
For me, trying to sleep in dead silence is basically begging my mind to see/hear things that aren't actually there. My mind does that to me basically any time I'm near-sleep and it's dark, which really sucks. So I usually keep my TV on and sometimes have music playing as well.

bunny

birb overlord
It depends... Sometimes if I can't sleep, or if I am feeling lonely, I'll leave it on. The light and the noise don't bother me at all, but I don't mind sleeping in the dark without noise as well. When I was really really little I slept in my parents bedroom. They put my bed in a corner so I couldn't see the TV screen, but I could still hear it and see the light. For awhile I couldn't sleep without it, but now I am pretty much fine either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom