• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Shower After Pooping At Home?

Do you shower after pooping at home?

• Yes

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters
My account hasn't been hacked by Dan. Don't worry. I won't post constant toilet threads.

The other day I got into a discussion with someone about using bidets vs. toilet paper, and someone else interjected that they simply prefer to take a shower after they poop at home because it made them feel the cleanest. Obviously if you need to relieve yourself in a public toilet, that's not possible, but it's definitely the cleanest, if most time consuming, option at home.

Personally, the use of toilet paper is enough for me. Maybe with some rare exceptions, like having diarrhea, would I go take a shower after pooping.

So I'm curious if anyone here takes a shower after taking a number 2 at home.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well I like to shower right after my morning poo but I don't feel the need to shower after taking one at any other time.

I used to have a bidet at home but it wasn't utilised so was gotten rid of to make more space in the bathroom. Last year in Japan though I found apart from the wierd squat toilets all the normal toilets had heated seats and a bidet built in and I very much liked that. I am tempted to get one of them for home as it goes on your existing toilet.

Nah, when I poop I use the wet toilet wipes so it cleans things up more. If I were to shower everytime I poop I feel like it would be a little wasteful, but then again, I don't poop that often.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Gotta say something about the options really.

These things
312px-Bidet_weiss.jpg

You are never, in a million years are you going to convince me to use. Ever. They are ungainly, uncomfortable, unsanitary, and messy. I also have a bad back so it'll murder me
That is a traditional style bidet. In case you can't tell, they're wider than a toilet
179px-Bidet_side.jpg

They are extremely uncomfortable. You have to straddle them, facing either forwards or backwards, and lift your body so that the water stream hits you where you need it to. This is is a lot of physical work that not everyone is up to that seriously complicates things when someone is sick, injured, or disabled.

And I'm still not sold on these.
217px-BB-1000_Supreme.jpg

That is an attachment bidet. They replace a toilet seat, serving the same function and it has the water jet that serves as the core bidet function. This design eliminates the horrible physical problems the traditional design has and is by far the best version of the bidet you can get. But I still don't think it's the end-all, be-all. And I don't think they're better than wet wipes. For one, it completely ignores people who have problems on their behinds like tenderness, fissures, or hemorrhoids (which I have). If the water pressure isn't high enough, you're not really going to get that clean, but if it's too high, it's going to hurt.

Most bidet models lack any kind of soap function. Some of the attachment variants can have that as an option, but the vast majority do not. Most, if not all, bidet retailers will tell you soap is bad for you, as will most bidet advocates. And while there is an argument that too much can cause irritation and dry out parts of your body, you don't actually need that much soap to clean. A tiny amount will suffice.

My preference is moistened wipes. Those have their own problems. Tree use is commonly cited but I consider that a non-issue. Countries that use moistened wipes are capable of, and actively use, sustainable tree harvesting methods so that is a completely irrelevant concern. The other problem is that the wipes have a hard time breaking down in sewers. And that, is a problem we absolutely can solve. We've invented plastics that biodegrade. You cannot tell me we can't invent wet wipes that can too. There just hasn't been enough incentive yet. And there should be.

Toilet paper are of course at the bottom. But they serve their purpose. Provided they are soft and well made, they can do the bulk of the workload so you use the minimum amount of moistened wipes possible. So they shouldn't go away by any means. They play their part.

Think about this for a second, really think about it. If you want your butt clean, then use this thought experiment to tell you the best choice. You get poop on your finger, what's it going to take for you to feel comfortable eating food with that bare finger again? Will you just wipe it with toilet paper? Clean right? Nope. Gross. Will you just simply rinse it with warm water (which is all bidets do)? No, it'll still smell and taste of poo. That's not going to work. You have to use soap and physically rub at the fingers to get everything out. You're not going to get into all the little wrinkles of your knuckles and joints with just water and soap, you need a good rub too. So think of that applied to your bottom. It has even more places for poo to hide.Water is not going to get in there unless you submerge in water, at which point you may as well just take a bath or shower. And... poo is notoriously sticky. It's not going to go completely off just with water. Just try cleaning dishes without dish soap. You can't do it. And poo is just as sticky, or stickier, than food and grease that you didn't end up consuming.

So there's my rant about this. And why I don't understand the praise for the bidet when it only makes your butt pass visual inspection, without actually cleaning viruses and bacteria from your hind quarters. If you used a bidet, even a model that has a soap function, I guarantee you that if you used a wet wipe it'll come back brown. I say that with complete certainty.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Ehm unless I plan to take a shower already before I feel this urge to poop or **** myself all over, nope. Suppose I have to go like 12 times. That would make the electricity bill go way up! I don't have a bidet at home and not planning to get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom