• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you shoot or hunt?

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Shoot. It's possible to rent a weapon from certain firing ranges, and I usually get M4's.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I used to go hunting with my dad and his brothers and my cousins when I was in middle school. I really enjoyed the bonding time with family and feeling like Bear Grylls, getting dirty and looking for tracks, setting up blinds, etc and spending time in the deep woods. It was fun and a challenge. I never shot anything though, but have seen several things shot. We mostly deer hunted but also grouse sometimes. My family used to raise a lot of bird dogs. I've eaten many a deer and grouse in my day.

I don't hunt anymore and I really have no interest in killing anything. I don't need/want to for food and doing so for sport has always really rubbed me the wrong way ethically. I refused to kill anything when I would go hunting and I still do. But I enjoyed the excursion with guns through the woods nonetheless.

As for guns, my immediate family has far too many guns of all types to mention. I personally used to have a .30-06 and a 12 gauge shotgun when I was younger but I've since given them away to family.

All that aside however, I personally enjoy shooting guns at ranges and stuff. I use my family's guns when I target shoot and I mostly shoot handguns, my favorite being a 9mm.

-----------------------------------------------

See guys, I might be an anarchist communist atheist with leftist philosophical ideas that'd make the most fervent liberals gasp, but my cultural identity is still highly influenced by growing up in Kentucky, lol.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I've never gone hunting and never really wanted to either, not something that immediately screams fun to me, but I have shot before. I'm not sure what exactly I shot, some big single-shot rifle at a range that I went to with my boyfriend and his friends, but it had enough kickback to really hurt my shoulder. :(

I guess the more muscles you have, more chance of hurting them! I'm like The Hulk underneath this leopard-print onesie.

Heck no, but man oh man, I love fishing. Sucks where I live now, though (Michigan), because you need a fancy-shmancy license and such. Back in the good ol' Magnolia (Louisiana), you could fish when- or wherever the hell you liked, at least in my old town. Haven't gone fishing in a while.

(Please pardon the off-topicness.)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well I played a lot of Paintball in high school if that counts. *shrug*

I also shot my friend's BB gun quite a few times. He has a replica of an AK-47 that shoots 10 rounds per second, so it's fun to shoot.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Well I played a lot of Paintball in high school if that counts. *shrug*

I also shot my friend's BB gun quite a few times. He has a replica of an AK-47 that shoots 10 rounds per second, so it's fun to shoot.

Wow, sounds dangerous. Must have taken a lot of balls.

bugsbunny.gif

Hunt: not unless you count me hunting whatever's in my freezer. I don't believe in hunting for sport and I don't believe in hunting for food unless you live in a very poor rural country or you are lost in the wilderness.

Shoot: not a real gun

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
My cousin is a hunter and he owns some guns. On a trip with my dad and brother to my cousin's mountain cabin, he offered to let us try firing some. I declined, since I don't like guns. My brother tried it, though. As far as me personally, I wouldn't do it. I don't think I have it in me to pull the trigger, much less fire at some animal. I'd feel terrible about it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I hunt **** all day...whenever I get taken to Canada, of course. I once went after a moose and boy could that thing buck.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I always had a lot of trouble stomaching the idea of hunting. I don't think it's morally wrong by any sense of the word, I just don't think I could do it myself. Shooting at targets, on the other hand, would be something I'm sure I would enjoy.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I use to shoot and hunt quite a bit years ago, although neither of them at the same time. Now I'm a vegetarian :D Although I still consider hunting as a food source to be more humane than a lot of farming that is done these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom