• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you see Youtube videos as shows?

I follow a few Youtubers and I've noticed that some of them refer to their uploads as shows...

I guess they're not wrong, there are production values, scripts and structure and they upload in the same format for consistency...

But I just don't see them as shows. A guy chatting into a camera with an intro and an outro on Youtube isn't what I'd call a show.

What is your opinion, are the majority of Youtube uploads what you'd consider shows?

Nah. Most YouTube videos I watch are standalone news, reviews, analysis, clips, etc.

Though I will say that something like Mark Brown's Game Series Toolkit or his Boss Keys has the quality of being a videogame show. The same with channels like Did You Know Gaming.

The majority of Youtube videos are never been watched by anyone :p
But there are some very good-quality shows on YouTube, which can make a living not only for the creator but also for several people he employs. If a channel is at that level, you can definitely classify it as a show.
Nonetheless, most videos are
A guy chatting into a camera with an intro and an outro
and you are correct that we cannot call that a show, even if it is uploaded daily. In that case, it is more of a diary.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Depends on the production to some extent I feel. The majority of the stuff, no. But some of it like Mind Field by Vsauce I would consider a show.

I don't really watch TV anymore and haven't for years, aside from a few shows on online services like Netflix such as Terrace House. Perhaps, if something has at least a set format and premise and is produced well I could consider it a "show".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom