• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you remain friends w/ an ex often?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
So I'm in the holiday spir....it's almost midnight...

I have to ask for those of you who've dated a fair amount over the years, how often do you still remain friends w/ your ex? Of course if the relationship ends on a sour note, I doubt that'd even be an option. But what about those relationships that end more peacefully w/ you both deciding you just weren't meant to be together or whatnot. Would still keep in contact or even remain as friends afterwards? Or would you think its best to not interact w/ one another after a break-up, even if it did end on a lighter note? Heck, are you still friends w/ any of your ex's now?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Depends on the ex. I've only really had one I've kept in contact with after we broke up, but those were special circumstances (as described in the "Can Men and Women be just friends" or whatever thread). The others I haven't even thought of keeping in contact with. Two were just high school flings, one dropped me like a sack of potatoes. Not gonna talk to any of them any time soon.

Another benefit of not dating is that I don't have to ever worrying about forfeiting a friendship because a romantic relationship went wrong. If people (or "friends" more specifically) try to make advances on me though I won't hesitate to cut them off. If they don't respect my values enough then they aren't worth keeping around.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well I dated a girl a couple months ago before I had come to terms with my homosexuality. We ended on a good note and are still good friends, we even play in a band together right now! So I would say yes.

Dan

God no. When a relationship ends there is usually always a winner and a loser. The winner is the person that foresees no future and jumps off the sinking ship whilst the loser goes down with it! Don't go down with the ship and drown m8s.

Last edited:

Ninja

Well well well
Would still keep in contact or even remain as friends afterwards? Or would you think its best to not interact w/ one another after a break-up, even if it did end on a lighter note? Heck, are you still friends w/ any of your ex's now?

Out of all of my exes, I'm probably only in contact with one, and we aren't even that close. For me, it's always been for the best to cut ties and move on. Similar to what Dan said, there's usually someone that will come out more affected than the other, and for those feelings to die down, you'll need to just cut contact for a long time.

Some people truly never get over their past relationships, depending on severity of the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom