• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-3DS Do You Really Need Ocarina of Time 3D if You Already Own Ocarina of Time?

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I'm selling me copy of Ocarina of Time 3D. But i'm not sure if I really want to. Here's the thing, I own Ocarina of Time on the Gamecube with Master Quest AND I own The Collector's Edition on the Gamecube. I have a 100% file of Ocarina of Time on the Master Quest Bonus Disc version. Now I bought Ocarina of Time 3D for the 3DS bundle back in 2011. Now it's just sitting there and I hate having more then one copy of a game if I don't need it. Also I figured I could use the money. I'm not selling the 3DS, just the game. But most Zelda publications kind of make it out to be a whole different game entirely (Hyrule Historia for example). So basically what i'm asking is, should I sell it? Don't say no it's Zelda, I don't need more then one copy of Ocarina of Time and I could use the money, I want to buy NEW things with the money I got from my 3rd copy of Ocarina of Time. But if there is so much different with the 3DS version then maybe I will keep it. Thoughts?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OoT3D is not needed if you have OoT/MQ though it's certainly the most "complete" edition out there - graphics are uptodate and so are the animations. Still, do what you like with it but don't expect much by way of returns.

Keep OoT 3D it has enhanced graphics and a very much improved item menu, there are other improvements but one of the biggest ones is of course the 3D and a refined Master Quest as well.

sell the GC version you can probably get a good amount of money for it, their on Ebay for as much as 90$

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
If he wants money the better option is to sell his collectors edition of GC OoT its worth more than the 3D version, I went on ebay and checked both.

Pretty much this. And then there's better sites than Ebay too. Unless he's a collector or has some strong sentimental value for the other copies, he should just sell them and keep the 3DS version.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
This is really a matter of personal preference- not something to ask on the forums because then other people are going to tell you their personal preferences. Just sell the version you like less.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
For those saying he'd get more money selling CE, that's not immediately true as COLLECTORS - the people who really want the disc in the first place - don't like secondhand, used copies.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
For those saying he'd get more money selling CE, that's not immediately true as COLLECTORS - the people who really want the disc in the first place - don't like secondhand, used copies.

The collector's edition sells $50 used. He gets $40 for a NEW OoT 3DS...if he used it, that's another story.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'm selling me copy of Ocarina of Time 3D. But i'm not sure if I really want to. Here's the thing, I own Ocarina of Time on the Gamecube with Master Quest AND I own The Collector's Edition on the Gamecube. I have a 100% file of Ocarina of Time on the Master Quest Bonus Disc version. Now I bought Ocarina of Time 3D for the 3DS bundle back in 2011. Now it's just sitting there and I hate having more then one copy of a game if I don't need it. Also I figured I could use the money. I'm not selling the 3DS, just the game. But most Zelda publications kind of make it out to be a whole different game entirely (Hyrule Historia for example). So basically what i'm asking is, should I sell it? Don't say no it's Zelda, I don't need more then one copy of Ocarina of Time and I could use the money, I want to buy NEW things with the money I got from my 3rd copy of Ocarina of Time. But if there is so much different with the 3DS version then maybe I will keep it. Thoughts?

The way you're making it sound, you might as well just sell it. Even though Ocarina of Time 3D is a great game, it's pointless to have more than one copy of the same game. Besides, I see more value in the older games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom