• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Read The WHOLE Thread?

Azkadilia

Transparent Perfection
I don't read many just probably the first five since most post are opinion ones it doesn't matter if i read anyone elses. I do read them all if there aren't many but usually i will read the first page and thats all.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I'll always read a majority of the replies in a thread in order to get a feel of the conversation/topics being discussed. There are some instances in which there isn't much discussion to be had, so I won't read the whole thread. Though, in a topic with a lot of discussion going on, I think it's necessary to read the replies on all pages. At least, all pages within reason. You wouldn't want to be reading through 30 pages of discussion just to write a short reply. :P

If you're one of these people that skips all the replies and just goes straight to commenting, it's not really going to be as contributory or informed as a reply that did take the extra time and made the extra effort to absorb the conversation and forge a decently sized, well informed, educated and contributory reply.

Of course, if I see a thread with many replies saying the exact same thing such as "Yes I liked it". "I liked it". "Yes it was good". "Yes". Then there isn't much discussion or reading to be done. Though, I will read the first few pages and then the last page just to make sure I haven't missed any points that people have put forward that they wish to be discussed. That's the whole point of a forum. Discussion! :O

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
No, and this thread is a prime example of it. I read none of the posts and only read the thread topic. You could have asked something totally different in the body but I'll never know unless I get the courage to go read it

I'll only read it if it has an interesting topic. For example there's a thread that's 12 pages long on the Legend of Korra; I read every single post. But a thread like this NO.

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
I usually read the title, then the opening post to get an idea what the topic wants...then post my thoughts :)
after that i might wanna read other comments

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I usually just skim over the title and then post and sometimes I misread the original post and I get weird responses from people sometimes.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
For me it really depends on the thread, in some threads I read the opening post and decide to answer it there, in other threads I read a couple of posts, maybe the whole first page before replying, sometimes, if the topic really interest me, I could end up reading the whole thread before composing a reply.

Well, it depends. There are times when I feel it is necessary to read the entire thread to compose a proper response to the topic at hand. I'd rather avoid appearing clueless as to what's going on. If for whatever reason I am unable to read the entire thread, I'll at the very least quickly browse through to get a main idea of where the discussion is. Such threads include RPs and debates in the MD section, where it is often required that most [if not the entire] thread be read.

However, some threads are not worth wasting my time to read. Said threads are either 1.) Quick response threads, like "What's Your Favorite Color?" or "The Picture Thread", in which no discussion or debates are necessary; all that is necessary is to reply to the OP, hence the application of the term "quick response." 2.) A simple forum game [excluding most RPs] where the topic is practically nonexistent and, if anything, all that is required is that the post above be read.

There are times, however - when I'm bored, have a lot of time on my hands, and nothing better to do - where I'll just relax and read the entire thread just for fun. Many interesting things can be found, especially in threads that existed before I joined the forums. One can also learn a lot about the ZD DGN community and get to know members better by reading certain threads in which they posted. I admit that longer threads can be a pain, though.

So yeah, it depends on the thread.

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
I usually read the first page and then contribute if I can. I'll read more if it's a discussion or something and not just individual opinions.
As for long posts, I will read the post if I am interested and I respect the poster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom