• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Read The WHOLE Thread?

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I've always read the first 10 or so posts on whatever thread I about to post. The real question is how much, if any, of the thread to you read before posting?

The problem I always perceive with reading posts in thread is that my ideas will no longer be original and as contributing to the discussion if I hadn't read others' posts. I therefore usually choose to read only the opening posts. There are certain posters on the forum, however, whose posts I always take the time to skim and sometimes read fully depending on how much time I have to do so and to what extent the topic on hand interests me.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I will usually read all of this thread if it is a topic I am very interested in. Most of the Zelda threads I read all of, and throughly enjoy. However, when it comes to threads like 'Whats your favourite colour' or 'Do you own this game' I will usually read two or three amd than make my post.

When I read the title, I have an idea. If I read others post, I may be discouraged from posting what I want, so I usually read the opening post, and then post my thoughts.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I read the whole thread as well as some well-known posters posts for their views on a topic(if I want to). I then think about it and answer the thread if my opinion is needed to make a point or just to be an opinion like this thread, if my opinion isn't needed I won't post.
--
The last part also makes it harder for me to post sometimes...

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
It depends on how many pages the thread has, haha. Over three pages, I likely will not read all of the posts in a thread.

For instance, I read all the posts here, and I must admit that others have a point about ideas ceasing to be original after reading others' ideas. In fact, that entire statement is rather ironic, considering that thought only occurred to me after reading other posts...

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I try to read most of the posts in a thread that catches my eye. I do tend to skip over posts that are extremely short (less than two lines) or too long (A freaking novel! :xd:). I also usually skip them in a thread where I don't think the responses will matter. Reading all of the posts is one of the reasons I find it so hard to post in the Mature Discussion section, it takes too long to read all of them. If I don't I'm afraid I'll be talking about something someone already brought up and I'll look like an idiot.

If it's just sort of a poll thread (like this one) I'll usually just skim a few posts and say my piece. If it's a discussion I do my best to read over everything that's been said.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
If it's a new thread I'll read them all if they aren't too long, if there are more than about 10 I'll read a few and if there are hundreds I won't bother to read any of it or post seeing as it won't bring a lot to the thread.

Fig

The Altruist
It all depends on the topic of the thread and how the title catches my eye based on the word choice of the author. I usually read the majority of each thread so I can see how each individual has thought of, and this helps me create my own post based on others' posts and my thought on the subject.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The problem I always perceive with reading posts in thread is that my ideas will no longer be original and as contributing to the discussion if I hadn't read others' posts. I therefore usually choose to read only the opening posts. There are certain posters on the forum, however, whose posts I always take the time to skim and sometimes read fully depending on how much time I have to do so and to what extent the topic on hand interests me.

This, basically. Mostly I just read the opening post and make a reply based off that, since what I usually want to say has been regurgitated 100 times over. But, I DO read most of the thread if it's interesting.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
If it has less than a dozen posts, yes, I read them. If any more, meh... depends on my mood, the topic, how many knights and nobles have posted and if it's a 'yes or no' type of answer in most posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom