• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you quit out to the title screen?

I remember back in the NES and SNES days, and into a couple of future generations (mostly until manuals stopped being a thing), that it was recommended for players to save their game and then quit out into the title screen.

I personally got into the habit of this and still do it now. I even get a bit anxious when a game doesn't have an option to quit out into the title screen.

I'm not entirely sure why this was recommended back then and it doesn't seem to be required now, but is it something you do or have ever done?

Last edited:
I remember back in the NES and SNES days, and into a couple of future generations (mostly until manuals stopped being a thing), that it was recommended for players to save their game and then quit out into the title screen.
That's one recommendation I've never heard of and I played many NES/SNES games back in the day.
So I never did it. I just saved the game. And then turned it off.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I sure do, if it's an option. My anxiety feels better if I close the software while on the title screen than if I close it on my loaded save.
Pretty much this. I never feel safe about my game being saved unless I'm on the title screen. I never used to make such a habit of this before, but these days, I always do. Games that save your game for you as part of the process of going to the title screen, like Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter, are very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom