• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you prefer your game characters to be human?

Some people have issues with playing as women in games... but what if your character isnt even human?

So do human characters in video games appeal to you more than non-human like Sonic or Fox McCloud or Donkey Kong?

Are you more likely to choose a human character over a non human one if youre given the chance in a roster?

funnier6

Courage~
I could care less what my character is as long as they're awesome.

I don't like DK cause he has barely any personality. Sometimes it's cool cause they let you pretend you're the main character but this is different.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
As long as I can enjoy the game play I'll be a scrap of paper to a blue hedgehog weilding a sword.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I actually prefer the opposite! We have plenty of normal humans in real life, so I think it's more fun with some form of anthropomorphic character (depends on the game ofc). It's one of the reasons I really like Nintendo. Even their human-like characters are fun, like Olimar.
I'm a bit saddened that this isn't the case for more people, since the whole Mascot-gaming franchise is not what it used to be... But I still like it!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Some people have issues with playing as women in games... but what if your character isnt even human?

So do human characters in video games appeal to you more than non-human like Sonic or Fox McCloud or Donkey Kong?

Are you more likely to choose a human character over a non human one if youre given the chance in a roster?

I prefer to play as Elites in Halo rather than Spartans but in Elder Scrolls I pick the human types over the cat and lizard people.

I guess I just go for whatever looks coolest to me, human or not. When I was younger I would have probably picked the non humans every time just because I thought playing as something else was a novelty.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Some people have issues with playing as women in games...
Which people are those, exactly? The witless corporate dingbats who insisted that people have issues with playing as women in games or the psychotic feminist shills who insist all gamers are sexist?

See, like the vast majority of people other than the .05% that don't matter I have had and will continue to have absolutely no problem playing as literally anything in a video game up to and including men, women, children, anthropomorphic bunnies, goats, Italian stereotypes, black people, white people, various shades of brown people, albino mutants, elves, dwarves, trolls, orcs, various spunky and non-spunky fey creatures, a mosquito, planes, trains, automobiles, japanese people, chinese people, korean people, rock monsters, a salad, cartoony versions there of, myself, indistinct blobs of pixels, pacmen, pac women, and abstract concepts.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
It really depends. A good character is a good character through and through, whether they're human, android, animal, etc. So I'm indifferent about it. All I want is a believable character with motives and good development, so for me, it doesn't matter what they are.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
i was actually thinking yes but i do really like the characters you mentioned,so i suppose as a preference,i would rather play as a human or something akin to a humanoid,but of course its not like im gonna hold that against the game if the protag isn't human

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
As long as the character serves their game or story perfectly, I don't care what the character is. Male, Female, Animal, Alien, etc. Doesn't really matter to me.

Same difference. You listed all humanoid characters. When the option is between somethnig humanoid and something weird like a space monster with a disc body, 3 tentacles and 5 eyes (no arms or legs) then we're talking.

You get my point. There's rarely the option for non humanoid character choices.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom