• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Prefer to Hang with Girls or Boys?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
No, the question has nothing to do with sexuality.

But when you're in a casual gathering or work do you enjoy the company of girls or boys most?

When I was younger I preferred to hang out with girls more than guys. Although my closest friends were guys, in school I tended to avoid the guys and sit with girls at lunch or on the bus. They were all girls who were interested in video games and other geeky stuff, otherwise. My circle of friends had a pretty equal mix of girls and guys, actually. But most guys were far more interested in sports than I was or had too much of an extroverted personality type that was just never compatible with my much more introverted nature. I found gals to be a lot more chill and tolerable back then.

That's all different now. To put it bluntly I find a lot of girls I work with and encounter now to be awfully pushy, rude, and standoffish. Not all of them, obviously. Most are pretty sweet. However, it seems like guys are a lot more chill by comparison, are easier to joke with, more approachable, and make a lot fewer unreasonable demands. The girls gotta get all up in other people's business. In my experience it seems like girls are in a constant state of challenge more than guys. Like they always have something to prove. It can make a lot of em difficult to get along with.

Is it like that for anyone else? Guys can be just the same, for certain.

Is there any particular reason anyone would find that one gender makes for better company than the other?

D

Deleted member 88720

Boy or girl, I don't mind hanging around with you as long as you're welcoming and courteous.
Otherwise, that's why we have pets: To replace the lack of decent people surrounding us within five miles of the house.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Throughout my life so far I've had an even amount of male and female friends. I do think in Highschool I probably had more male friends because some girls got really bratty. Pretty much if someone was levelheaded they were cool in my book and there was a potential friendship there.

Last edited:

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
For me it's never mattered cuz my neighbors were all boys, the cousins I lived closest to & were closest to my age are boys. At school the ones I went with were mostly annoying till middle school (there were still some annoying ones in middle school but a lot of them grew up) so that was the exception. In high school I was into drama and video games so it was a mixed bag there and collage is collage you kind of just find the crowd you fit in with.

Ninja

Well well well
It’s a 50/50 mix. I love my guy friends for being down to talk about anything and especially “guy” stuff.

All of my girl-as-friends are pretty dope too. I try to avoid the drama queens and just stick with the real ones that crack jokes and have fun.

If I had to pick one, it would probably be dogs.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I’ve never really thought about the gender of friends too much and it doesn’t really weigh on my mind much when deciding who to hang out with.

I have found generally that most of my closer friends are women, but I feel like that’s mostly a coincidence and doesn’t mean much. Most of my male friends are partners of my close female friends who I have also become close with by association.

most of my friends are guys, but it's more interest based than gender. i think of all my friends and the one thing we have in common is that we play zelda. compatible sense of humor is another factor as wellz but when it comes to gender and friendships, i'll hang with anyone who doesnt make their end goal of my friendship, a romantic relationship.
I think I get along more with girls and trans people, but that's just a chemistry thingy I guess.
not to be that guy, but separating trans people's identities from cis people's identities (i.e. saying "girls and trans people") is pretty discriminatory. the identity of a cis girl and a trans girl is the same, so why specify they're trans? if you're friends with trans men and women, then you just have a lot of guy and girl friends. not trans friends. singling out trans people like that is what trans exclusionary people do, and it's pretty offensive, to be quite honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom