• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Prefer Handheld Gaming or Console Gaming?

Handheld or "Main" Console

• Handheld

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Main" Console

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Sorry if there is a thread like this....I did look

So what do you prefer Handheld gaming or "Main" Console Gaming? And no "PC Gaming" is not an option :P

Personally I have always been a big fan of main consoles due the wider variety of games and quality of games! Of course this is just my opinion but I do like the ability to take my console anywhere with me I just think that I get more into the game when sitting down and getting my controller out rather than playing on a smaller screen.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
Console, it has better use of internet, though I wish they'd combine the two into a laptop like console, mobile but you set it down and play it with controller like a console, could come in it's own backpack with space for everything including a bunch of games.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
I'm partial to both actually. With console games I get better graphics and music. Handheld games have good music too, but not quite as good as console games. I like the luxury of being able to play games anywhere though. Both systems have their pros and cons, so I can't decide on a clear winner. They're both good.

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
Every since i got ahold of the first Gameboy i have always had a soft spot for handheld gaming and to this day i prefer games on a handheld even though i never take my handhelds out of my apartment xD

HBC

HyrulianBlackcat
I prefer the console. I feel that the games on the console are better than most of the games on the handheld, and much longer. However, I very much prefer the handheld Pokemon games to the console versions.

Home console for me, nothing wrong with handheld gaming but i expect less and get less than i would on a home console and the games can sell for near enough the same prices so its a no brainer that i'll go with what gives me more for my money. however there are some damned good handheld games and the 3DS is an amazing piece of kit.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I prefer console gaming as I prefer to play on a larger screen and console games tend to be more in depth. Handheld gaming has its advantages though, like being portable and having the best Pokémon games.

I voted for "main"/"home" console, but I'm actually a bit doubtful as of now. I've always thought that the home console games (in general for every series) was the best, and handheld was just something for car trips or something like that. But recently I've played some pretty good games for handheld consoles. Of course you never go wrong with the pokémon games, but that used to be the only games I liked for my game boy. Now I've played Phantom Hourglass, and as every other Zelda game I've played, I loved it. I never thought that I would love a handheld game that much, and now I hear that Spirit Tracks is better. So as you can hear, I'm quite at a loss here. But I'll have to vote for the "main" console, since I've played more games for an actual home console that had me astounded compared to handhelds.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Main console for the HD and newer games for the installment I like to play. Hand-held for the classic games. They seem better than the main console would play. So, I like both consoles.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I prefer console gaming to handhelds; there is /always/ a greater selection on consoles, consoles have more power both graphically and technically, and I really just prefer the whole "sit on the couch with controller in hand" feel to it. Oh, and there's a thing about playing on a 60" HDTV rather than a, what, 3.52in by 2.52in screen.

Oh, yes, console games on average are much longer and larger than their handheld counterparts. I did a test between the original Ocarina of Time for N64 compared to the 3DS version, and I found the game to be much longer (due to slower game speeds and a slightly larger world), but I'm not sure about physically bigger. Resident Evil or rather, REmake is much bigger than Resident Evil: Revelations for the 3DS, as well as longer. Et cetera. I don't spend $40 for a 24 hour game, to be honest. And that's why I don't buy many handheld games! :I

I can't choose, while consoles have more good games, I sometimes have more fun playing handheld games like Warioware Twisted and ports like the Mario Advance Series. I've probably spent more time with Warioware and Warioware Twisted than most console game.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I like console gaming more, but there are some handheld games that are amazing. I also can't bring a console to school. :rolleyes:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Main console used to be all I ever played up until I got my 3DS, I still prefer main console due to the bigger gaming experience, the availability of great titles, amongst them pretty much all of my favorite games. It's also more social as you can share it with other people, while handheld is for the most part a solitary gaming experience. I have however started liking handheld gaming due to the portability, and it's helped me out a lot when stuck in waitingrooms, on buses, etc. in need of something to occupy myself with.

And even if "PC-gaming" were an option, I wouldn't vote for it. For the most part I don't enjoy PC gaming. A lot of games now have mandatory use of the mouse, forcing me to play mostly with my left hand, which I hate. Also it's harder to keep the controls in order playing on the keyboard, because the fingers slip from time to time. With a console or a handheld, the controller is compact, designed specifically to fit the games released on it, it's logical and hard to err with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom