• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Prefer Food Places Raise the Price for the Same Portion or Decrease the Portion Size but Keep the Same Price?

Smaller portion or increase price?

• Smaller portion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Increase price

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Whenever food prices want to keep revenue up but they're either not doing as well as they hoped as a company or the economy is down, they raise the price of their food but keep the portion size the same or decrease the portion size while maintaining the same price.

Which of these approaches do you prefer?

I often like to visit the same few places, so I find it jarring when the portion size is lowered. I'd prefer to eat the same and pay more for it.

What about you?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Basically I'm a foodie.when I buy a cutlery or snack I expect it to soothe my tongue and fill my tummy. I could not tolerate a partially filled stomach I would rather part with a few rupees
(60 INR =1$)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Reducing the portion sizes seems like a sneaky thing to do and I'd probably no longer eat at a place that I noticed doing this. If the prices go up however that's fair enough so long as the old food is still worth the new price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom