• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Play Zelda to Beat the Game or to 100% Complete It?

How do you play Zelda?

• To beat it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To 100% complete it

• To just have fun

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nicholas

The legend of nick
Just wondering how you play zelda. I just play to beat it. I just get enough stuff to beat the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
First time is usually never a 100% run. Second time I try to get as much as I can, which usually is only all the heart pieces and inventory items but never all collectibles like Skulltullas or Poes...which always leaves a reason for a re-play!

I could never 100% a Zelda game... without a guide at least, i would get too frazzled and annoyed. I usually play a Zelda game or any game for that matter as long as i can until i stop having fun.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
One my first playthrough on any game, I am playing to beat it. However, on my future playthroughs i go for a 100% completion. This includes everything from the game. EVERYTHING. After the one game that i got a 100% completion, that is when i start playing just for fun with no real objective.

rettam

I accidentally the...
One my first playthrough on any game, I am playing to beat it. However, on my future playthroughs i go for a 100% completion. This includes everything from the game. EVERYTHING. After the one game that i got a 100% completion, that is when i start playing just for fun with no real objective.

This is exactly what I do. Sometimes I'll stop before the final boss to do sidequests on my first playthrough though.

MW7

Every Zelda game I start out to have fun. If I'm having a blast I usually continue on to 100% on my first run. Sometimes I can't find everything and don't want to resort to a guide so I end up a little short- this happened with Phantom Hourglass. Sometimes there is a sidequest that sounds like more of a chore than fun so I never complete it- this happened with Wind Waker with the figurines. Some games I do completely 100% because I enjoy them so much- LOZ, AOL, ALTTP, LA, OOT, MM, TP, and SS. Then there's the possibility that I despise parts of a game so much that I just want to go through the main quest and stop there- this has only happened with Spirit Tracks (I'm still not done with it after playing for several months).

Eventually if I get to the point that I know where everything is like the back of my hand, then I go the other way and try to complete the game with as few items as possible- this is where I'm at with OOT and I'm getting to this point with MM.

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
It usually depends on what playthrough it is, or if I feel up to completing it 100%. As long as I enjoy the game, I'm happy.

THEM

Your cows are mine!
My first playthrough I just beat it, but then I do a 100% run after that. The only reason I really play them though, is to have fun.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
When I play Zelda, I don't play to "beat the game" or to 100 percent it. I usually play for fun, or play 'hardcore' as in...multiple, completely unnecessary restrictions to enhance my skill input and output. SO ya, I just play for fun (;

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Can the way to play a Zelda game really be measured in such a simple way? I think not. For me, playing a Zelda game isn't about simply beating it, or completing it 100%... It's not just about having fun, either. Every Zelda game is a magical experience that affects you in one way or the other. To play the game just to beat it is simply not enough. Zelda games are much deeper than that! They are about having fun, exploring, solving puzzles, and standing up to evil. They make themselves part of our hearts. They are a very special and magical experience. How we play them may be different, but can we say that playing them enough to beat it is all we do while playing? I know it goes much deeper than that for me, at least.

Eluinn

Link's Alter Ego
What I usually do is try to beat it the first time around, then go back and try to gather everything in a second play-through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom