• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Plan on Buying Super Mario 3D All Stars?

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I most likely won't, for a few reasons. One, I am able to play all 3 of those games already (Sunshine on my Wii, SM64/Galaxy on my Wii U). Two, I strongly prefer getting a physical copy of any game over a digital copy, so the fact it is a limited physical release does mean I'm more unlikely to get a copy anyways. Three, while they are good games, they aren't games where I'd instantly buy ports of them (whereas if they were remakes I'd be more tempted to). The only real reason I have to buy it is for the convenience of being able to play all those games on the Switch, but that really won't be enough to sway me.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I preordered it yesterday on Amazon. It was $10 less than RRP and I had a $10 voucher, so the $20 discount made it worth the investment to me.

Galaxy is easily my favourite mainline Mario game, and Mario 64 has always been decent fun (even though I prefer the DS version). This will be my first proper playthrough of Sunshine.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Such a high number of members haven't played these games. I know I'm older than most but I didn't think the numbers were this high.
I feel like Sunshine in particular was just passed on by a lot of people. I wanted Sunshine back in 2002 but didn't get it until 4 years later when my cousins moved out and left behind their games. My aunt gathered them all together, they were an assortment of N64 and Gamecube games, and gave them to me. Sunshine happened to be in the collection so I was stoked.

Quin

Disaster Master
Nope. Not only do I own the originals already, I can play them better on my PC already anyway.
MAYBE if there was some more effort in the collection, because I do love these games, but these ports are max lazy, so I'm saving my money.

I do plan on buying it the day of. I'm hoping I can get the physical copy. I'm looking forward to revisiting these games. I do find it odd that SMG2 isn't included. I wonder if they have any specials plans for it. I was hoping they would be more updated with better graphics like the 2D all Stars but what we got is great and I cant wait to play them on Switch.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Yes, I preordered it soon after the direct to have a physical copy. I don’t generally enjoy Mario games, but I’d rather have the game in case I want the option to play it after it’s removed from sale and becomes ridiculously expensive to source due to rarity and inflation due to lack of access.

TheLinkToThePresent

TheEclipseMaster: Leader of TheEclipseEmpire.
After almost a year of rumors about a collection of the 3D Super Mario games, earlier today Nintendo surprised us with an official Direct confirming that this game is real. Priced at $59.99 USD, Super Mario 3D All Stars will be a limited-time physical and digital purchase. With this in mind, if one wants a physical copy of the game, pre-ordering is the safest bet.

How many of us plan on buying this game in some capacity? Which version will you be getting? And do you feel like the price is justified for the content? Are you disappointed that they are merely standard ports enhanced for HD, and that the collection is strangely missing Super Mario Galaxy 2?
i preordered it, because i really like the idea. the time limitation is a bit odd, but it and the true end of splatoon 2 splatfests are at the end of march, so that might mean something

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom